1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Asphalt Liquid drops on WHITE Linea..!!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Aravindh VK, Nov 21, 2012.

1. On 19th afternoon, after completing my exams, I was on my way to home. On the way in Sriperumbudhur, the road work was going on and the two lanes were merged into one. On the other lane, a person was pouring Asphalt liquid on the patched surface when I crossed. Unfortunately, 4 to 5 droplets of it had stuck into the front door of my white Linea. I had got some suggestions that Thinner or kerosene will take it off easily. Is that a good choice to go with.? Or is there any other solution.?
    NOTE : I am getting my car to do the Teflon coating tomorrow. will they have the equipment to take it off.? DSC00824.jpg DSC00825.jpg
    :A:A:shocked
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Use clay bar that should help you to get this removed.
  3. Thank you Viny. And if I take this to the Shop where my car is to be coated with teflon, do you think that the shop [which is equipped with all accessories for cars] will have the equipments for this.? Or do I need to take it off before I send for coating.? Since I do not have a clay bar now with me.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Where are you going to do the Teflon coating? Actually, this is not recommended at all and this Teflon coating itself is bit outdated. Instead do the 3M paint protection for new cars. 3M guys will remove these marks on your car. No worries.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    use a 3m rubbing compound. it will be good enough. or better use the 3m 3in1 rubbing compound.
  6. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    diesel wash should also help, what say experts?
  7. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Try 3M buddy, they should sort that out. BTW, i've got a clay bar and a bag full of goodies to spoil your car. Will give you the list next time we meet.
    1 person likes this.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Aravindh: Read this (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/body/3479-teflon-coating-one-biggest-scam.html) before you go for the tefloan coating :)
  9. Guys.! Today I have done the Teflon coating in City Car Decors at salem. As you all said, Teflon coating was done as a polishing process. First, a white liquid was applied and polished followed by a semi-green colored liquid. The Asphalt liquid marks have gone. And added the CR70 too except in the front glass.
    Following comes the bill. Please do let me know if I have been cheated anywhere.
    Teflon coating-Rs.3500
    Sunfilm on all windows except front glass-Rs.2900
    Perfume[dash mounted]-Rs.250
    Mobile holder-Rs-250
    Steering knob-Rs.500
    Labour charges free.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to say this Aravindh. You should have got that done in Chennai instead of Salem.

- Rs. 3,500 for teflon coat is daylight robbery. For the same cost, you will get the Paint protection treatment from 3M. You will be amazed to see the workmanship from these guys.

- You have not got 3M CR 70. I am 100% sure about that. The city car decors guys are either unaware of this product or have cheated you. CR70 is too costly and for the 4 windows alone (without front and rear windshield) it would cost Rs. 10,000. Also, 3M gives 7 year warranty for this CR70. Warranty card will also be provided along with the receipt.

- Why would you need steering knob? Enjoy with the real steering feel of the Fiat. That is also absolute waste of money.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    4 people like this.