1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Yeah I have asked him to send me the info regarding the bigger variant for that he said he is in touch with the manufacturer. Once he hear back from him he will pass on the info. I even asked him to take your feedback, I'm glad he called you :). I hope its worth the money, isn't it?
  2. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    definitely dude, got nothing to lose for 1.2k, its perfect for me, no complains so far. all i don't want to do is, drill the console to fit it, im just trying to stick it, its lower holders are so big that just the tapes shud hold it tight.
    shake.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Arvind,

can you give me approx dimensions of the boxes? Have a friend who is coming back from UK later this month. May order it if it is not too bulky.

On second thoughts, may be he could ditch the packaging and simply carry the armrest and the bracket? How much space is that likely to take?

Nitin
  4. Grandeur

So did you found the way to get it stick... drilled or glued? Share the pics, the way you have fixed it.
  5. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    no dude, haven't done anything, its sitting nicely, this Sunday for sure will come out with something, the pix? dude it won't make a diff to the fitting, it will be the same as the pix i have uploaded earlier.
    shake
  6. Hey Nitin, some how missed this post, The packaging of the armrest is almost the size of a Hush Puppies/Rebook Shoes. The adaptor is roughly half its size. I will try to find the exact dimensions and post them tomorrow.

Without the packaging these dimensions should be approx half.

P.S: Ask him to get the screws and other smaller things from the box before destroying the packaging.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Thanks Arvind. Much appreciated. Another thing here: What is the weight of the armrest and bracket? I'm pretty sure it won't be too bulky but still.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Last Wednesday I placed an order for the universal armrest in ebay for Rs.1199/- Had a 5% gift voucher from ebay so I had to pay only Rs.1139/-. Saturday afternoon I received the item.
    [attachment=5:30114niw]image002.jpg[/attachment:30114niw]
    I tried different options to fix them and finally decided not to use the support plates and use only what is shown below.
    [attachment=4:30114niw]image001.jpg[/attachment:30114niw]
    Decided to screw it on to the cup holder, but that proved more difficult than I thought. Even though the plastic on the car looks soft, it is really difficult to drive a screw through it, the hard to reach location of the screws did not help the matter either.
    Then I decided to try the double sided tape. Luckily I had a roll of that with me.
    [attachment=3:30114niw]image006.jpg[/attachment:30114niw]
    Pasted two long strips of the tape on both the legs of the armrest along the inside and placed the entire assembly over the cup holder and pressed it in place. Thats it.
    Here you can see the white double sided tape on both the sides at the bottom. The picture was taken with the front seats pushed as far as possible to the front.
    [attachment=2:30114niw]image004.jpg[/attachment:30114niw]
    With the lid open
    [attachment=1:30114niw]image005.jpg[/attachment:30114niw]
    With the hand brake lever pulled up, there is no interference with the arm rest.
    [attachment=0:30114niw]image003.jpg[/attachment:30114niw]
    The grey color of the armrest goes well with the grey and silver seat covers in my car.
    For the amount I have paid it is pretty good VFM.

image002.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. Grandeur

Congrats. Hey, seems you have fixed it with tape. I hope it holds it long. I'm also considering to place an order.
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good one... Yea since its tape i hope it holds it well