1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. MANISH JUSTIN

MANISH JUSTIN Timido

GURGAON
    Advantage & Disadvantage

Thanks a lot for the reply. But I want to know the Advantage & Disadvantage of Armrest.

I know armrest gives a lot of comfort while driving but will Rear AC have any effect on the performance of the car. I saw one online without rear AC and it is costing me only 1k. Please advice.

2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Fully auto ac as in emotion linea cools cabin better. In factory oem armster if ducts are installed for active and dynamic knob needs to be in second position from left to right clockwise. This reduces airflow in front and passengers in front feel less cooling.

In aftermarket this issue is not there so only problem is filmsy quality and reports that these 1k costing ones break. There are better quality ones in aftermarket. Go for those or install oem. (Cost is biggest issue)
    But comfort is 100%. Universal armsters are best bought from shop with fitment and warranty if any.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane..! :p
  3. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    I recently bought the universal large armrest and customized it with a chrome strip and a can holder.
    sharing the results.

IMG_20150119_233013~2.jpg

IMG_20150119_233025~2.jpg

IMG_20150120_120636~2.jpg

IMG_20150120_120714~2.jpg

IMG_20150120_084547~2.jpg
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Looking good ,
    Is the rear can holder detachable/foldable, otherwise, wont it leave oem bottle holder useless as shown in 2nd last pic?
  5. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Installing armrest means u lose the OEM bottle holder anyway. The can holder is foldable as shown in 1st & 2nd pic. The OEM can be used to keep car perfume here.
    pabhishek likes this.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @amitshedha
    I have also installed similar kind of thing brought from EBay but now i feel it has tilted to passenger side due to pressure applied and it has become shaky now also it rattles madly.
    As screw holder is flimsy it may break easily so did you use the same or replaced with any metal?
    Can you please tell me how you have fastened it and if possible please guide me with PICS or instructions to fix it.
    images (1).jpg
  7. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    I have not screwed it in. Just used DST to tape it in. I wanted to get a feel of height and positioning before doing something permanent. I believe you can use DSTs to pad the metal parts to avoid rattles. I am thinking of doing away the lower part and just screw the part you circled to the mid portion of the car with something to pad and hold weight added. I will add details after I find time to complete the job.
    vista7155 likes this.
  8. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I got the centre armrest and sunglass holder fitted for my Punto emotion from KHT motors. It cost me a BOMB.
    Their service charges are exorbitant and I would advice to get this fitted by local mechanic. Procedure to fit centre armrest is very simple and not at all tedious.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^ can you please post the pics so that we will have a idea to get it fixed.
    Did you get the OEM arm rest or universal?
  10. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I got the OEM armrest. I am sorry, I couldn't take pics during installation. However as I am travelling, will post the pic of installed one in a couple of days.
    Anand Shankar likes this.