1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I would like tell you all that its worth waiting for the OE armrest, though i got it on the first day without any questions asked.
    2 people like this.
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Your are So Much Lucky !!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    what will be the total cost for the OE Armrest?
  4. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Its nearly 3400 bucks only.
    1 person likes this.
  5. arunbaboo4

arunbaboo4

BANGALORE
    Thanks Vivekrj for your DIY explanation for fixing the armrest even i also done the DIY for the ARMREST fixing and i got the OE armrest firstday itself without asking any question in the Concorde motors and one thing Vivekrj how to remove the biege colour cushion to change the clour to match the seat cover colour pls reply its urgent because my seat colours are black its done long before today i fixed the armrest and i want to change the colour and thanks once again
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Team,

I am also looking out for an armrest and a bit confused as to whether I should go for the Linea's one or order the universal one from e-bay.
    The only flip side of going for Linea's armrest is that; it will be in beige and wont match with my car's upholstery.
    Another question, my friend has a Palio. Any idea if the universal armrest will work with the Palio?
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Its not a problem to get it covered. No need to remove that beige color cover. Just give a visit to a pro installer and he'll cover it up without removing anything(like padding or beige cover).
    It won't take more than 1/2 hour for him if he's a pro. Don't forget to get the cover(fabric or PU) of your choice.

Guys for punto or linea do not go for aftermarket armrest. Nothing is better then OE armrest, you can lay your whole weight on this OE armrest. And looks best on our rides.
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The OE handrest might be better than the EBay one, but then I think there would be a long waiting time, as it has to come from the factory once we place the order, and going by the posts on this thread looks like the installation is a bit complicated. Another problem for me is that the beige colour wont match the upholstery.
    Coming to the one available on EBay, is it the one labelled as "Universal Big Car Armrest Centre Console Hand Rest Black For Fiat Punto". Could someone, who has ordered this from Ebay, confirm please? I ask as all the EBay links given on this thread are broken so I just want to make sure I am ordering the correct one.

Cheers,
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I had installed the so called universal arm rest.. cost me 999 and was pretty happy with it.. but one thing i was not happy was quality of arm rest holder..
    one i accidently put some pressure on the arm rest and i broke.. fixed it with some glue..
    a week back a friend of mine..got in and he put his weight on the armrest while exit.. and.. end of story..

although u save some money on these items.. on long run.. we end up paying more.

i'm thinking of getting the Linea arm rest....
    1 person likes this.
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I think I will also go with the Linea's arm rest in that case.