1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

this i my setup............ as this is a universal arm rest.. won't get the perfect finished look...
    I dont have any difficulty in changing gear..the only inconvenience after the setup is to buckle the seat belts.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. Dear Yashik , Hi Hope you can recall me we met at banarsi dass. Do you know any dealer or TAS in CHD /PKl who can provide and fit the armrest.

Vishal M.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Mr. Vishal, sorry for the late reply. I am not able to log in here these days due to busy schedule.

The Linea arm rest can be fitted from Delhi only like I told you there. Service centers in Chandigarh/pkl don't install Linea armrest in Punto. It would be good to contact HIM Motors, Delhi and ask if they can fit the armrest in Punto.
  4. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Managing water bottles

Funky solution but works for me! I was trying to find a plastic bottle of the right size to fit the two mini 'Cup Holders' just below the centre console, but couldn't find anything suitable :-|. Then one day in Big Bazaar I saw a Chinese fruit juice title (sic) "Mogu Mogu" :grin:which seemed JUST the right size. I immediately bought two of them (Rs.40- each). Just threw out the so called 'fruit juice' (tasted a bit of it and was forced to spit it out immediately!!!) ::OO. The bottles are just the right size and DO NOT hamper Gear changing/ climate control adjusting (as did other 1/2 litre bottles) :clap
    3 people like this.
  5. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Armrest fitted to Linea Active

I got a Universal Arm Rest fitted to my Linea Active! In fact it was the same one detailed by thomman85
    in his post.
    Cost - Rs.1500
    Fitment - Free (excluding tip of Rs.50 to the 'installer')
    Where? - Gautam Car Jewels T.Nagar.
    Time to fit - all of 15 minutes !

Believe it or not - my driving experience has been enhanced 10x due to the armrset. Previously I'd been 'resting' my left hand on the Gear shift - but FIAT explcitly (in the manual) says - for whatever reason- not to even rest your hand on the Gear shift lever as it is very sensitive!!! Now I find it super cool to change gears. The arm rest is perfectly geared to fit my Linea. Clear gap to enable me to engage hand brake. There's even a setting in in it to adjust the angle of the armrest when it is 'down' to suit one's convenienece. No issues in fixing seat belt either.

I'd checked with Concorde Motors/TAFE for original arm rest but they were not encouraging saying you need to bring the vehicle to check compatibility and also they can't fit arm rest in Linea Active model

@Thanks to ramjn who in the Yelagiri meet recommended I get the arm rest fitted. May his tribe multiplyl
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Photo1747.jpg Photo1749.jpg Photo1759.jpg

Can i ask all of you guys when its possible to install linea's armrest in punto linea then why you all are bothering yourself searching it outside.
    And its simple to install as DIY.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Would you please explain how its an DIY job,is it easy fitting, any drilling required ?
  8. Ganges , it is a DIY . No drilling is required. Only issue is getting the original linea arm rest .

I forgot the size of the T screw driver which is required.

Another option is buy the original linea arm rest and take it to your freindly mechanic. He can easily fit it in less than 10 minutes.

Ajit
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Ganges,
    FYI, Drilling is not required but solder is required to remove the base of the cup holder as directed in the link.
    Within 15-30 min your armrest will be at place like a company fitted armrest....