1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. venka

venka BANNED

Hi ramjn

Could you please tell me how you did the The cabin Foot lamp as I am not aware of this DIY . It would be great if you post some pics as well.

even Email will do: venka.ms@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    @Ravi

I bought a linea arm rest for my punto. I had doubt on your installation. Which option you followed
    1)You used the linea base to put your arm rest
    2) You drilled the chasis for the extra 2 bolts.

If you havent drilled the chasis. did you felt any rattling in the bad roads?

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

@Ravi

I bought a linea arm rest for my punto. I had doubt on your installation. Which option you followed
    1)You used the linea base to put your arm rest
    2) You drilled the chasis for the extra 2 bolts.

If you havent drilled the chasis. did you felt any rattling in the bad roads?
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No need to drill any holes to fit linea armrest in punto if you use the linea mounting bracket. It was said that there are already holes in the chasis. Only thing you need to remove is the bottle holder behind the hand brake which is spot welded. You can remove it by tapping with back of a screw driver at certain points.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Will it give rise to any rattle after the installation?
  5. Sungoa ..
    Absolutely no rattles if you install the linea arm rest .It perfectly fits for punto . I am enjoying this small luxury .. Go ahead and install it without any doubt ...

Ajit
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What about the bottle storage space after installation? Can any one post a picture here?
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Little bit off topic, How do you manage bottles? If I put them in the rear seat they will fall off when I brake. Actually, I drink lots of water due to lack of storage space I don't carry much water if I carry a 1 lt. bottle I will consume with in first half an hour it self where still 3 hrs. of journey time left. I feel like driving non-stop till I reach destination except for nature calls. Typical journey time between 3.5 hrs~7 hrs. Any thing less than that is a small trip, what I feel.:cool:
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Bottle storage part of the plastic panel needs to be taken out so its lost. This is the area where the armrest sits. dont have a picture of it now.

Another limitation that the armrest brings with it is that you cant double fold the rear seats once the armrest is installed.

having said that, linea armrest is certainly worth every penny and you cant drive without it once u get used to it. the above mentioned two things feel like a small price to pay for the comfort it offers
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    There is absolutley no obstruction to the bottle holder. Only thing you need to get used to is applying hand brake which is right below the hand rest. Most people might lift the arm rest and then pull the hand brake I guess. I manage to pull the hand brake with the arm rest in its place.

Edit: My bad .... it is rather the cup holder and not the bottle holder. Only a 500ml bottle can fit in it. :(
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why the rear seats cannot be folded? Rear seat is not connected to arm rest.