1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Here is the photo of Armrest with black fabric. In broad daylight, the fabric I got on armrest varies from the stock seat cover color by around 2-3% but that's passable and nobody notices unless someone is trying to look for faults.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    nitin it is always good to have a functional rear ac vent, but its not that effective. since you have got the duct you should definitely go for the set up. and it is also VFM. i hope you have read my earlier post where i have a detailed write up of the installation. since they are not a perfect fit do take good care while installation so the ac blower air is not wasted.
    since we have to attach the rear vent to the rear leg vents ducts, the rear vent is active only when we set the blower position to front and leg. now what happens in this position is that the rear occupants get comfortable but the front pass complaints. so even after fitting the vents i usually do not use it as the cooling from the front vents is more efficient than the rear front combination. in emotions the rear vent blows air even in normal position so that is more efficient whereas we have to share the air flow which is not that comfortable. do block the front seats leg vent or else the air flow will not be sufficient at all.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Karan, I was suspecting this. There are two hole in rear connection duct (Both side of gear lever). What would happen if we block one or one & half of these two. By doing this, we can control Air flow of air in rear vent. But I don't know how this will impact to air flow in front seats leg & desh vents. This may divert all saved flow from rear vent to front leg vents, if this happenes, logic to increase air flow in desh vent would not work.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

hey guys i have got the linea armrest installed in my punto.
    visited many seat cover shops for putting a black colored fabric on it but most of them did not have a fabric. they said they can do it in leather or art leather.
    few shops who did have said they needed me to take the armrest out to b able to do a clean job.
    do i need to unscrew it from the Bracket under the ornament to take it out or there is an easier way. or can it be done cleanly without taking it out.
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @shams: Only the top cover needs to be removed. No need to take the bracket out. Its a small job.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams, the armrest glove box cover alone can be removed i.e. the part where the fabric is to be inserted. They need to remove it to put fabric cover.

See this armrest. When you open the glove box lid, you can see two screws that tighten the armrest lid with the armrest base at the hinges. These two have to be unscrewed using an L key after which this armrest lid can be taken out.

7. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Linea Arm Rest ~ Punto Active

Hey Guys,

Finally Got the Linea arm Rest fixed in My Car too. It is a great driving experience with your Elbow comfortably resting on it whilst Changing Gears...

From the earlier Posts That I read i thought it would be an Ordeal to Fix it, but the Mechanic at Galaxy Goregaon Jai prakash was a Natural. He did it in Flat 10 mins..

The Plastic Frame was first removed and the Cup holder was Separated from it.Two Bolts locked The Frame onto to the floor and 3 Bolts locked the Arm Rest onto the Frame, post which he slipped in the A/C vent... and Voila It was done..

Attached is the Picture for your purview. Just need to get the Arm rest covered with Black Leather to match the Interior..

Arm Rest.JPG
  8. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Hello Sir... i m sure you did not follow the drilling procedure.... u used existing bolts...right ? :).. any rattle ?
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Did you get all the spares seperately or these guys got it for you? How much did it cost. I also need to get the same done for my Punto.

10. shams

shams Esperto

Hey Yashik,Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. Will get it done soon. The fabric that i got is the one that is used inside helmets... :)