1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    @ Puntom, ... wat i understood from your post is that u replaced the plastic casing with the Linea's casing? right ? how did u fix the brackets ? drilled or used existing bolts ?
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amar Gahir, the new plastic casing seems to be of Punto only, judging from it's color. Puntom can confirm.

For fixing the bracket, you need to drill 2 holes for the front 2 screws. You can skip this part as done by TFI member Shashanknathani but there are some chances of rattling or armrest getting loose later on though Shashank is having no issues, touchwood.

MAKE SURE that the screws are tightened from below so that in case you need to tighten the arm rest in future, you won't require opening up the armrest, console again.
  3. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    @paddleshifter: Puntom clearly wrote that he replaced the part.

"because I replaced the entire plastic casing which houses the cup holder, mobile/coin holder and the hand brake"

Sorry it does not make sense to me to replace with same part.. since i'll be loosing those three clips in both cases.

@Puntom: can you please clarify that.... i think i m missing sth...

Amarjit Singh
  4. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Sorry Karan,
    Before replying to this post, I was reading kedar bendre's message and thats how i made a mistake. Yes, eventhough the armrest pushes the console down, I didn't want to take chances, especially because it is plastic, it may deform over a period of time.

@amar_gahir,
    Yes I replaced with Linea's casing.
    @PaddleShifter,
    it must be linea's part for the simple reason that it didn't have a cup holder but a hole.
    In linea's casing, the metal clips are moulded to the walls of the casing unlike Punto's casing, where it is a part of the cup holder.

Also, no holes were put...similar to Shashank, the bracket is tightened only with the rear two screws. I thought I'll get it done if there is some rattle later on.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hey puntom. how r u doing. so how does it feel to drive with the armrest now.
    planned anything for the color?
    even i am getting it fixed. got three parts excluding the armrest from kht motors.
    thinking abt where to get the fabric color changed after fitting
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Puntom- Got it. I was confused as I always believed that Linea console has beige color instead of the gray visible in the photo.
    Nice mod.

@Shams- The armrest can be done with a black fabric cloth after matching the color. Costs just around Rs100-200. Visit any seat cover shop in your area once you are done with your armrest installation.
  7. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    I have updated in the price thread

Hey Shams,
    It feels luxurious to say the least:)
    If you have got the bracket(by far the difficult part of these to get), you can buy the armrest from Concorde, dairy circle...they have them.
    I'll change the fabric along with the seat covers (planning for stanley leathers)
    In the mean time If i get the same fabric as our OE seat covers, I'll get it done
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Paddleshifter.. i ll do that once the armrest is installed. hope to find a matching color..

Yes i got the bracket. only the armrest is missing as of now. had called and checked in Concorde, they have it. most probably will get it tomorrow.. stanley will look too cool man.. haven't seen them on a punto yet.
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Karan, why its not worth man? what is the issue? I mean cooling on rear seat is not good or duct fitting is the issue? Pls clear.

I am asking because I've received one of the duct out of 2. The one I received is which connects under desh. I am waiting for another to come.
  10. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Good. Post pictures once you get them installed.
    BTW, if you get the matching colour fabric, call me..I'll also get it done.
    I'll send my number through a PM.