1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    And labor charges extra !!!!!
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    can someone suggest a good place in Chennai for getting and fittig the armrest for Punto? Im not keen in getting the armrest for Linea withthe AC vent on it, but I just need the armrest that fits in teh area of the cupholder in the Punto.
  3. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Finally, Last tuesday, I got the armrest installed on my car.

I wasn't so confident of a DIY with the tools I had, so got it done at concorde.
    Including fitting charge of Rs600/- at concorde A.S.S, it put me back by approximately Rs4300/-

Below are the photos...
    DSC_0419.jpg
    DSC_0417.jpg
    DSC_0421.jpg
    DSC_0418.jpg
    DSC_0416.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Neat installation. So 4300 is total cost?
    Does the rear AC vents working?
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi Ji, Armrest + Bracket + Ornament + Rear AC vent diffuser costs around Rs3400 (as per May 2011 prices). In Delhi, TASC charged Rs250 for fitting the armrest.

Rear AC vent is non functional but the pipe for rear AC vent can be bought for additional Rs1000 as had done by a Linea dynamic owner (forgetting the name, it starts from D). The entire center console has to be removed for fitting that ventilation pipe to make it functional.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    paddleshifter i am the linea dynamic pack owner who has installed a functional rear ac vent. but from my experience its not worth it. but if you have the rear vent then additional 1000rs is not much to make it functional
  8. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    @Ravi,
    Rs3700/- for the five parts and 3 screws
    Rs600/- for installations.

@Paddleshifter,
    Bangalore and Delhi prices for parts are same I believe (Labour charge is less in Delhi I must admit)
    It cost me Rs3700/- because I replaced the entire plastic casing which houses the cup holder, mobile/coin holder and the hand brake.
    If I had removed only the cup holder, it would've cost me Rs3400/- I would've lost the three clips for locking and there might have been a loose fit. I didn't want to take chances.
    Seeing the posts, many punto owners have foregone these three clips I believe.
    Attached below are the photos of the part to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

DSC_0425.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

@Kedar,
    I don't remember correctly, but I think I must have read your post where you had mentioned that the pipes won't be a perfect fit and we have to close the foot level vents with duct tapes and also other places where there is a leak.
    I didn't want to do this. So the rear AC vents in my car is just cosmetic.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Puntom, thats why I had specifically mentioned that I was talking about 4 parts instead of 5 and May 2011 prices.
    So that plastic console around hand brake costs Rs250. Well, the ornament is very pricey on the other hand even though it's a small plastic. Even the rear AC vent alone costs Rs1000.

The arm rest can be fitted perfectly with 4 parts only and getting that entire console replaced is strictly optional.

BTW, can you mail me the part number and price of all the 5 parts so that they can be updated to the spare part prices thread.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    puntom @karan and not kedar.yes you had read it right. it is not a perfect fit and requires a lot of work to make it perfect. you did a smart thing by changing the cup holder part. although without the clips it is not a problem as the armrest pushes the console down when tightened.