1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. then looks like it will be a big hole in my pocket..
    with these prices i might even drop the plan of getting the armrest fixed..
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    kapoor pipings do not cost 6-7k. rear ac vent cost 1000 whereas the ac ducts cost another 1000. thats it. so if you have the armrest rear ac vent will only cost you 2k.

You have to disconnect the rear foot level ducts after removing the center plastic part, and connect the ducts there. the rear vent will be operational when we turn the air direction knob to face and foot. i then sealed the front foot ducts with tapes so that we get maximum air flow from face and rear vent.
    the ducts do not fit perfectly so you have to seal any air leakages with tapes. i had also insulated the ducts with aluminum foil for better efficiency.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Karan- Did you do it yourself? I am also thinking to get the armrest fitted during my visit to Delhi next week. But I am not sure whether I should make effort to get the rear vent functional or not. :p
    Anyways, rear seats are unoccupied 95% of the time.
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ok , so a dent of Rs.4500 on the pocket .

But are these ducts suitable for Punto ? Whats its name , if we want to order ?
    How is the cooling ?

Do does rear under-seat ducts throw in cool air , as read somewhere that does ducts are mainly for hot air , to warm up the feet in winters !

Also , are these rear ducts along with the armrest vent present in the Emo pk variant of Linea ?
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

It's called: Air Duct. Check out the part number 8 & 9.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  6. thanks guys.
    can some one post me the brakup of the prices for the piping, armrest and rear ac vents please
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one quick question..

don't you feel that punto's ac is not solid enough to make cool with the front vents itself,how about if it splits the cooling if at all we make rear vent functional...??????
  8. varoon
    i dont know about your car but my car chills the cabin within minutes i start the ac
  9. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

I'm also fitting the Linea armrest onto my punto.
    From the picture posted by grandeur, I have purchased the part numbers 1 and 2 from the spares counter of Concorde, Dairy circle, Bangalore.
    I'll keep the rear AC dummy ao I'll not buy parts 8 and 9
    10 and 4 are only screws and rivets. so no need to order/purchase them...It'll be easily available and used while fitting.
    I have ordered and am waiting for the parts 3 and 11, to get the parts fitted.

The spare costs have increased considerably and the rates of number 1 and 2 are
    1 Air vent Rs 835/- earlier some Rs300+
    2 Arm rest Rs 1168/- earlier Rs505/-
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

@Karan: Are the ducts same as in the image added by Sandeep. If yes I would love to have it in my car. Just another confirmation do we have to open the console completely to fit the ducts or only the rear parts needs to be opened (the one which has cup holder attached to it). when i installed the arm rest i managed just by opening that part and did not touch the casing surrounding the gear lever. Please provide some info on the installation.