1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys, i recently got the arm rest installed on my Punto... Its rocking stable and reely fun to drive with the arm rest in place...

Was looking for one from day one and finally got it installed after 1.5yrs... well its worth it... I ended up paying 2.5k with VAT..

The cost of the Arm rest has gone up and is priced as INR1068(approx) which was just abt 450bucks earlier... Thanks to Grandeur i got the part numbers and ordered the same at Wasan and got them delivered within 4days or the order...

Am sure Wasan couldnt have installed the same for me as it was done by the guy at Kharghar.. Am personally njoying every bit of the comfort now...

Well the only job pending now is to cover the beige cushion for the arm rest to black
  2. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    @karan are you get vent parts ? Punto comes with foot level vents, also work fine. i want install all thing. Where you ordered for it ? Speedwell ?

hiren
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    guys i got all the parts for the rear ac yesterday when i visited for the free check up camp. had ordered a month back but arrived only after i contacted ajay bhatnagar(parts manager). plus i got 5% disc because of the check up.
    so have finally got the rear ac vent functional today afternoon. i took 3 hours and a lot sweat.
    will post the pictures soon. but it was not easy at all as as the parts did no fit perfectly and lot of tapes and packing had to be done to make it perfect. but yes it can be done.
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @karan: eagerly awaiting more details on this!!
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Andy, awaiting to have a look at the armrest.
  6. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    I bought the ac direction changer (whatever is the real name) and have placed an order for the bracket and the armrest. The spare counter guy has told me that I'll get it in the next week. eagerly waiting for the parts. This will be my last modification for some time.
    I also bought the spoiler and will get it coloured this weekend (I'm planning to put stickers instead of painting so that I can experiment with colours) Will post the pics once everything is done.

@Andy, for the newly drilled holes for the bracket, where were the nuts placed - inside the cabin or outside(underbody)?
    If it is inside the cabin, I think I can install them myself. If it is outside, then Its better I get it done at some workshop.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Puntom, Ideally it easily gets done from inside but the guy cudnt get the hole thru so that to get nut bolt fitting which gets below the car.....
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi guys ,

Just an update about the new prices : the armrest along with the other attachments now costs around Rs.3500/- ...

Would update the break-up later ...
  9. dilip
    update the break up fast buddy.
    3500 includes the parts for the piping to the rear ac vents also???
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yeah in your dreams! This price is solely for the centre armrest including the rear AC vent. For piping and all, I guess you need to spend another 6-7k plus the labour. Why is FIAT hell bent on increasing prices of spares by such large margins? It just can't be the inflation factor, look at fuel filter (>100%), brake pads (>25%), armrest (>25%), and many more.