1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. vineetyadav83

Hi.. linea arm rest can easily be fitted into Punto. i have got it done from malik cars workshop in hyderabad. it's simply amazing. it costed me 2800 INR.
  2. Hand Rest for the Punto

At last, I have got the hand rest retrofitted on the Punto. The following parts are required

1. Arm rest -- 0735489747 -- Rs 441.05
    2. Bracket ( important without which the fitment is not possible ) -- 0051780094 -- Rs 624.45
    3. Air vent rear ( cosmetic but without which there is a huge gaping hole) -- 0735494410 -- Rs 899.56
    4. Trim ( on the from side below the arm rest without which there is a gaping hole which exposes the metal parts on the arm rest / bracket mount area) -- 0059064146 -- Rs 325.76

All the above prices are Hyderabad Based.

The fitment Process is straight forward and can be done your self. Shall explain the process in my next post.

The arm rest disassembled

The arm rest section which mates with the bracket

The section on the car which can be pried open with the help of a screwdriver. The section comes out till the gear lever without touching any screws / bolts.

The cup holder which can be removed by hitting the top side with a screwdriver. This is where the mounting bracket / arm rest would be placed
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Hand Rest for the Punto

U should have posted this here - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=193&start=150

Anyways , u have not mentioned abt the bolts/screws to be used ....
    Pls clearly show the plcae where we need to drilll .....

4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  5. Re: Hand Rest for the Punto

Sorry Mate, somehow I cannot upload pics whatever I try to do through my Safari / Mac combination so have to fall back on the iOS to do it. I don't have any clear photos to display them here but if you see the picture which shows the hand brake assembly, there are 2 nuts which needs to be undone and then place the adaptor in the studs and then fix the nuts back. No drilling no modifications are necessary.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    have already installed the armrest but ordered the ac vent and the air ducts before a month but still not received. cyber since you have installed the ac vent you should make it functional as the air ducts do not cost much, around 1000 for the two ducts which connects the front to the vent. will update once i get my ac vent functional.
  7. Karan, that's the plan. Can you please post some detailed photographs / process to get this done as I am apprehensive of opening the dashboard to work on this piece. Your steps will be highly helpful for the TFI members in Hyd who are getting this done.

Thanks in advance
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    got my stuff...all set to go.... :dancing :dancing

9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I have got the armrest fitted too. It took 45mins for the technician to fit it. It was the first time ever he fitted an armrest in a Punto. Total cost including labour 3000/-.

Today I recieved a message from the TASS that the other 3 sets of armrests which we ordered for have arrived. Should inform other TFI Hyd guys about this.
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    finally more added in our armster's kitty....

here comes mine....

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

drove around 80 km with this armrest,felt like am in a suv,the only car zooming off on the road...... :dance :dance

Special thanks to vijayan sir for sparing his time and coming all the way to elegant motors for this installation... ::T ::T