1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

guru ji,

pics to upload karo aapke waale arm rest ki,even am thinking of getting this installed at my car,how much did it cost for you including everything..
  2. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    varoon,
    yaar, could not get it black trimmed hence still staying away from pics. But would do it ASAP. It cost me ~1300 minus the rear ac vent which has now been ordered for ~1000 Rs. On this saturday me nitin and NKapoor happen to meet at Elegant and we actually ordered 1 armrest for nkapoor. Actually = we have the order number.
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Please check this out... I bought the air vent also and planning to fit the PC fan to it as suggested by viny...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1150&start=30

The Linea arm rest braket as suggested by Axn gets fitted to the two bolts that are there for the casing and does not require any drilling at all... Even no need to open the gear lever completely and take out the casing, just loosen in and push the bracket inside... just have to unscrew four in front casing, remove only gear knob and take out the rear part of casing (behind the hand brake part)
  4. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    shashank,

It is preferable for providing rigidity to the armrest that it is bolted (riveted??). there are two distinct holes(just two-three cm ahead towards gear level) available for this purpose, which are meant for riveting. For this purpose these holes are infact closed at bottom. Me and Nitindba have used this method of bolting, perhaps grandeur too.

Do report, if ur armrest is rigid and remains so. Nitin had earlier used screws in place of bolts and he complained abt looseness in arm rest. My air vent is coming by weekend. I have also thought abt this fan earlier. My doubts are if the cavity affords enf space for a normal comp fan.
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    Till now it is rigid and we even checked by hammering the bracket for its rigidity at the SC...
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ^^^ so u slippd d brackets bw the already present bolts ..
    Wer r dese bolts ??? How to identify dese bolts ?? Any mods done on the brackets to fit bw the bolts ?/
    Its always better nt to drill ...

Dilip
  7. shashanknathani

Pune
    Yup... We loosened the front casing and slipped the bracket under the casing... Actually if you notice the rear cup holder... there are two layers there, upper casing which connects under the hand brake and the main casing on which the upper casing fits... No you remove the upper casing and loosen the main casing and slip the bracket under it... To do this you have to open two screws, two nuts in the front and two nuts which are there at the back just under the rear cup holder...

After slipping the bracket just tighten the front screws an nuts and then adjust the bracket, main casing rear bolts and screw the nuts back... tight as much as you can..(you will even see two metal clips in the nut-bolt set-up to prevent plastic from damaging... Now Your bracket is set... just check if it is in center, if not use hammer :)

Now take the upper casing and remove the cup holder from it and then place the casing back to its place and fix it, you will notice that it will have no clips at rear for fixing (clips are attached to cup holder part), dont worry... Fit the Arm rest and take three similar bolts to fix it to Bracket.. the moment you fit the armrest, it's base will fit in properly to the open space in casing (one that was exposed by removing the cup holder)and the screws that you tighten will fix the upper casing too in between bracket an arm rest..... Close the front with Ornament and rear opening with air vent... Arm rest is ready for luxury.. and it is damn rigid...

Now for covering the beige arm rest with black...
    Open the arm rest and you will see two screws (star screws), open them and hold the top in your hands (part with cushion), keep the arm rest aside..
    Cut either rexine or leatherite or leather for the arm rest, here the point to notice is that the original stuff is glued and please don't try to remove it instead cover it.
    Now if you notice it closely from inside the original fabric is clipped inside the hooks... just use a screw driver and stuff the new rexine into those same hooks... For final finish use few drops of fevi kwik... I did it on my own and will post the pics of the inside today evening.
  8. shashanknathani

Pune
    Check for the fan that comes for the Zebronics cabinet... they are a real good fit... I did an analysis today morning... We have to open the arm rest, casings and then pass a wire inside the casing via gear lever all the way to the AC switches from the fan...... The fan can be glued with fevi kwik to the inside of arm rest... now the question here is "is there a way to connect this wire to the AC switch without tampering so that the fan start when i start the ac fan?" and i am not able to find the answer...
  9. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Shashank
    connect the fan directly to front blower connections. whenever ac is on Front blower shall always work. What say?
  10. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Various computer cooling fans fitting the dimensions 80*80*25 mm ...

1.http://www.zebronics.net/miscellaneous_casefan.asp
    2.http://www.coolermaster.in/product.php? ... gory_id=61
    3.http://www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=115
    4.http://www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=4450
    5. http://www.coolermaster.in/product.php?product_id=4430
    Note : Air Flow in Cubic Feet per Minute CFM (Q) = Flow Velocity in Feet Per Minute (V) x Duct Cross Sectional Area (A)

Piggy-backing of the fans could be done for more air flow ...
    Would there be enough air flow , since the fan is in an enclosed area ??

Dilip