1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I'm tracking and in talk with those guys. Just when I come to know if it really can be done, I'll update you guys!
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

You are right. He has a Linea but I think its Dynamic version, hence he put an armrest which comes in Emotion. In that armrest there is even a rear AC vent also. Of course it won't work till some more mods are done :wink:
  3. milind5656

milind5656 Novizio

Even i thought a it install it when i got my GP.
    But later figured that keeping water bottles would be a problem. As i need two bottles per drive. :wink:
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I had a long chat with Amit Srivastava and he categorically told me it can not be done. The reason given was the fact that the mounting bracket for the armrest is screwed to the body shell at the bottom part. Punto does not come with the same and of course you can't drill holes in the body shell outside of the factory.

Did anybody hear anything different on this? I'll be all ears since I am desperate to get one. If nothing else works, I'll probably go the Armster way.
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Zincmetal, Did you reinforce the adapter and the armrest joint??

The people who have used the armster armrest said lifting, dropping, extra pressure on the armrest to adjust your own seating position has damaged the adapter... so armster also sells the adapter separately at a cost... making a profit.

So the users came up with a metal part... that sits between the adapter and the armrest.
    (http://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/1 ... t-diy.html) (DIY)

i had a hard plastic (cut it myself) sandwiched between the adapter and the armrest, before bolting it on. Coz I could not make the metal part. (the excitement was unbearable) The plastic part is just temp till I can have the metal part made soon...

BTW i paid £89.. Every penny worth it.. :mrgreen: It was a DIY job..

You can see something between the armrest and the bottom adapter..
    [attachment=1:2kxpli3y]Arm rest 1.jpg[/attachment:2kxpli3y]
    [attachment=0:2kxpli3y]Arm rest 2.jpg[/attachment:2kxpli3y]
    1 person likes this.
  6. I had the same issue, i just used araldite paste to stick the adaptor plates together before bolting it on to the armrest. The Screws that came with adapter are not that long and strong to support the weight (this caused the adaptor to disengage from the rear side). After the Araldite fix, its rock solid. not issues yet.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Buddy i guess Linea Armrest cant get into the Punto... Sure of it... I've tried dat personally at Wasan during my first service... it doesn't work.. still give it a shot for your satisfaction
  8. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Like Nkapoor mentioned, Punto doesn't come with mounting bracket which is screwed to body. I spoke to Rajendra (despite on leave for one week, he explained me thoroughly over phone) and Michael at Powai TASC. They said we need to order the bracket which is fixed on the body and which helps and gives strength to hold and take the weight + armrest itself and few more set of screws and brackets. Everything will cost around 8-9K. But for which the whole middle area where the gear is located needs to be modified, which I think won't be appropriate. Rather order Armrest from ebay.co.uk for Rs 8K and get it fixed like Chaos did DIY style.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

You're right. If its gonna cost Rs. 8K-9K, no point doing it here. Rather order from ebay.co.uk & do it.

BTW, Rajendra & Michael are the 2 guys who are extremely knowledgeable on minute details on Fiat cars (They're from Fiat's earlier dealer Anuroop). After all, How many guys know that if you want to replace damaged Central Fascia (central AC grill/ panel), 2 small screws need to be ordered separately additionally to the part itself? :mrgreen:
    The grooves are small & if TASC tries to fit in usual screws (which are bigger than whats reqd), it makes the harard button panel to misalign, break & go inside over a period of time
  10. The armrest is really a boon to have (both in long rides and even in city too). Having tasted it in my Mitsubishi overseas, I am very keen on fitting one in my GP.
    Hmm,..Will be keenly following the action in this thread now..!