1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Grandeur,

This is awsome !! Where have you got it done? Fortune, Nerul ?
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Nope those guys gave up long back. But I was confident that it can be fitted, I ordered the parts and got it fitted at Kharghar and it's just an 20-30 min job. :)
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    gREAT WORK . lOOKS QUITE NEAT . sO NO CUTTING OF THE CONSOLE WAS DONE ???
    wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THE BEIGE ARMREST ( WITH BLACK INTERIORS AND SEAT COVERS ) ???
  4. Grandeur

Thanks Dilip. Yeah the job done was very neat :). I was pretty happy. And yes NO CUTTING TO THE CONSOLE AT ALL!

Since, I had already planned to have the armrest long before, so when I got my seat covers done. I had already requested for some extra material used for my seat covers. So next weekend that will be taken care of ;).
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ok ...... Do post pics after full completion [cover + ornament + vent ] . What ornament are u talking about ????

I think so there wont be any vibrations / shaking in these armrest , since its bolted to the car .

Still give us an idea about its sturdiness , clearance from the handbrake , level of comfort etc.

Hope its not too early for you to answer these questions !!!!!
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey Grandeur , That looks really cool, Well do you intend to make the rear AC functioning or will you be just installing the vents as a dummy piece?
  7. Grandeur

Sure will do that. By Ornament I meant Part no: 11 as mentioned in the picture below. Regarding Sturdiness, its rock solid; No way any Universal Armrest could match up with it. Armrest serves better during long drives, so not much of gear changing and pulling hand break is erquired. Now comes the level of Comfort; It's tremondous, yesterday evening I went for a drive to Lonavala and enjoyed the drive thoroughly.

Buddy, I'm just gonna have it as a dummy for now. Installing AC duct could be for next year budget ;).
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Hahaha , I understand, even I have a 2 year plan lined out already. Starts with custom seat covers and ends with remote controlled boot opener the way they have in Europe( have to see how to work this one out) ::D Everything else is in between. Please keep me posted when you get the AC vents doone. Thanks ::T
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  9. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Grandeur, nicely done,
    I've managed a linea armrest from Wasan , but could not get bracket ,
    Could u let me know from where did u get the bracket ?
    Can we order directly from Fiat ?
    Atul
  10. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Grandeur, nicely done,
    I've managed a linea armrest from Wasan , but could not get bracket ,
    Could u let me know from where did u get the bracket ?
    Can we order directly from Fiat ?
    pls. post armrest images , while driver on the seat with left hand on armrest , Is is comfortable in its position ?
    Atul