1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Armster hand rest

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by zincmetal, Jun 7, 2010.

1. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Dilip , the hole on rear of armrest can be closed by black colour sheet , or if u can afford u can buy original rear ac vent for Rs.1100.00 .
  2. sridhark

sridhark Timido

London
    London
    Grande Punto 1.3
    so if one takes rear ac vent for Rs.1100.00 + the arm rest. Can we have both the Armrest + rear ac working for Punto. I mean does Fiat ASS will fix Armrest + rear ac (which works not a dummy) to my Punto if am ready to spend for it with out any warranty issues ?

If it can then am ready for 2-3k surplus from my side :)
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Rear AC won't be working by just taking AC vent for Rs 1100. It further requires Air duct part no. 8 and 9 as shown in pic: http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=193&start=140#p14927.
  4. Grandeur

Rear AC won't be working by just taking AC vent for Rs 1100. It further requires Air duct part no. 8 and 9 as shown in pic:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  5. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    arm rest avalable in ebay as well as with City Auto Accessories ,chennai,call Mr.Ibrahim on 98412 37542 he will get this for you .I paid Rs.900 for beige with fitting .works/looks great !!
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    To make rear ac vents functional , you need to replace entire central console along with AC plastic tubings , which should cost u @ INR 7000 ,+ INR 1100 REAR ac VENT + INR 505 ( arm rest ) + INR 770 ( bracket for arm rest mount ) + screws rivets etc INR 50

Take ur call

Atul
  7. sridhark

sridhark Timido

London
    London
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks mescotc and Grandeur for the reply I got the info needed. So an approximate amount of 10k is needed for the complete setup.
    Well this is definitely over my budget ;)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I got one hand rest for my Punto, its from concept cars and costed me 1100Rs. Fitted from one small accessories shop in Kothrud.

Also, I got the original Punto neck rest. Took more than 1.5 months to arrive after placing order with the dealer. Costed me a bomb at 490Rs. Well you can get in market for 200 odd. Dont know why FIAT accesories are so expensive. Pillows cost 890 Rs !!!!

Will post the pics soon. You can see them tomorrow as well when we meet for factory visit.
  9. hey guys i also want to buy the universal arm rest . but my dilema is should i go for the big one or small one suggestions required?? :dance
  10. Grandeur

Guys, today I got installed the Linea Armrest on my GP Emotion. It's very easy, But yes you may need appropriate tools to do it yourself. I didn't have it so I opted to take help from an professional. And it was indeed VERY HELPFUL. ;)

Parts I purchased.

Armrest 735489747 = Rs 505
    Bracket 51780094 = Rs 712
    Screw 11568424 = Rs 200 (M6x25 Bolts - 5 Nos.) - (Approx. I think the price is little lesser, will confirm it soon)

Total expenditure Rs. 1417 only.

here's how it has been done:

• Take out the gear Knob.[/*:m:qyz41nlx]
    • Lose the screw of the center console (grey color) and lift it, this will help to detach cup holder (black color) part from the center console.[/*:m:qyz41nlx]
    • Once the cup holder base (Black Color) is detached from the center console. Unclip the cup holder part with screw driver, this will bring out the cup holder.[/*:m:qyz41nlx]
    • Now take out the grey color base which is attached to the base, by unscrewing it.[/*:m:qyz41nlx]
    • You'll find one screw coming out of the base and one point which needs to be drilled to make it a hole the screw.[/*:m:qyz41nlx]
    • Now place the bracket on the screw over base and tighten it along with set of screw on newly drilled holes.[/*:m:qyz41nlx]
    • Once the bracket is placed, it's very easy to couple it with armrest with another 3 available screws.[/*:m:qyz41nlx]
    • Rest is easy, everything needs to fit again to its original place and armest will just looks as it is made for Punto. ::D [/*:m:qyz41nlx]

I hope the pictures will help you understand it much better. I had used universal Armrest, but it can't be compared with the quality and strength of Linea's Armrest.

Now, all I need to do is to get is two more parts; Ornament (part # 59064146) and Air Vent (part # 735494410), than it will look complete. :)

Enjoy!

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg