1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Are wider tyres andavantage or disadvantage???

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sundar1900, Apr 4, 2012.

1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I got Yoko A-drives...buy them with eyes closed :)

Rate works out like this..

Many delaers charge you diff rates...they play around with your old tyre rates..they say they give u high rate...but they increase tyre rates as well..

Simple solution is contact just dial....negotiate from your home before going anywhere :) :)

I did the same...!!!

Got Yoko's from J.C road..B'lore..3.9k/piece...old JK tyre (about 400km run) was bought by him..at 2.5k/piece...

When I met dealer..before he quoted 5k and 2.5k...someone else qouted 4.3k and 2.2k respectively...
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Phew,
    but how come you came to the figure -3 to 3%,basis ?
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Google/tire companies/manufactures.....also through a lot of people in the world of tires.

Waherguru Waheguru
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thats the last option. :) ,but sometimes its hectic to search the specific point when google returns 1000's of search within 0.06 secs... :)

i thought you have already done some study about -3 to 3% tolerance.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All these efforts are not that well rewarded, if you note the active/emotion/emotion pack models all come with different sizes so do you think all these models have speedo's calibrated for respective sizes, I certainly don think so bro.
    So if you may note the error percentage in stock tires is around 8%, the efficiency figures shown are also not accurate with respect to the error. So all this thinking/effort is not gonna fetch significant results. Rest you can still carry on researching bro. :)

Waherguru Waheguru
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Atleast came to know something about the variants though we were in deep discussion of wider tires.. :)
    Thanks Phew...!
    if i find something on this will let you know...!
  7. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Which Pattern or Design best for Off-road like run on Mud and rough road with Potholes ?

BR.
    hiren
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have just read page 1 of the thread. So commenting on something that may have already been discussed.

@Sundr1900- If you wish to change the tyres, do it right after taking delivery. Brand new tyres get significantly higher payback price, at least here in Chandigarh. After running the car for 3000-5000, the price you get for old tyres is lesser as compared to a brand new tyre.
  9. BarneyX

BarneyX

Kolkata
    Great thread on tyre width discussions. (OT: TFI simply rocks technically)

I have a few questions, though. I have seen 205/60 R16 tires from Michelin (PLC most prob) and Conti (CPC2). I just wondered how much fit would it be for my MJD. As mine is emotion, I have stock 165 section R14 tires. How much of GC should I stand to gain? Im asking this as there are a set of 16" 98 PCD alloys that I have seen recently and am thinking on those lines :D .

If the 16 inchers are not done for some reason, Im planning for the 195/60 R15 or the 205/60 R15 as a last resort.

Also, slightly OT, I saw on Conti's website that they also have CPC5 - dunno where 3 & 4 went, however, have any of you come acroos these? How are these CPC5 tires?
  10. MJP

MJP Timido

Bangalore
    Need advice on tyre upgrade..

I have a similar question on tyre upgrade for my new Punto 1.3MJD Dynamic (Red color). I will get the delivery of the vehicle in next 2 days. Went for PDI 5 days back and felt the stock 165/80R14 tyres were too skiny. Since then want to upgrade them to 185/70R14 on the same rim. Will appreciate your views on this upgrade. My concerns are:
    1) Trye projecting out of wheel arches - spoiling the look
    2) Any issues with tyre scrapping the wheel arches during steep turns
    3) Drop in FE?
    4) Any fitment issues (due to increased tyre width) using the same rim during upgrade?
    5) Any drop in handling/cornering performance due to increased tryre bulge in sides?

Checked with KHT Motors in Bangalore for any warranty issues with this upgrade - they said NO! So comfortable in that aspect.

So far the best quote for the stock tyre buyback is from SLD Tyres, Domlur, Indranagar - Rs 2700/tyre (for stock GoodYear - 165/80R14). And the new tyre quote for 185/70/R14 is,
    1) Apollo Aceler - 4000/-
    2) Bridgestone Potenza RE-60 - 4300/-
    3) Michelin MX1 - 4400/-
    Would appreciate your comments on this deal as well...good/bad/average? Anybody did this upgrade recently in Bangalore, please share your experience. Thanks!