1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Are our cars OBD II compliant?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Linear, Apr 30, 2013.

1. dieselnut

dieselnut

Bhubaneswar
    Thanks for confirming it to be compliant. Yes I knew the location of the port. Just wonder where or f I can go for the Bluetooth adapter so thaat I can pair it my Lumia. I have already installed obddoctor. Someone mentioned these BT costs around ₹500. I plan to scan the ecu mainly for error codes, injection timing & metering,alernator load, valve timing,induction (forced induction) pressure,turbo parameters for boost,oil pressure,compression ratio, rpm, etall
  2. dieselnut

dieselnut

Bhubaneswar
    Is it still available for ₹500? Please let me know where I can order it from
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

Mini ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 scanner

I was very curious about the OBD scanner, but was very much confused which one to buy. Finally just bought one from EBay. I used the Multiecuscan 1.7 to connect to my Punto MJD. Just ran a quick test on the ECU.

scan.jpg

Played around with the actuators also. I could only connect to the Engine system only. Other systems like Air bag, ABS etc were not reachable. I am newbie in this area, now need to read and understand what each sensor is for and also the CAN protocol.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. akarparekh

akarparekh Timido

Mumbai
    Hi Guys,

I recently purchased an OBD II ELM327 WIFI scanner from Amazon. I am trying to connect my fiat linea emotpk 1370 cc petrol purchased in 2009..... My pc and iphone both are able to connect to the WIFI but it just wont connect to ECU... Sharing a screenshot of the two application i tried...

OBD connection error.jpg

OBD connection error 2.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  5. AbhijitRC

AbhijitRC Timido

Pune,MH
    I have a 2009 Linea 1.4 fire and it does not work. I've tried two devices and it works with neither. I also tried changes on the software front with torque, scanmaster, AlfaOBD on android and motorist on Windows. Does not work!! The same device works beautifully in the scorpio, alto and swift.
    The smaller device has LED indicators and the green LED glows intermittently in my Linea, but does not connect.
    My very basic logic implies low current/voltage levels but LEDs glowing denies that.
    @Viny i know yours is a 2009 Linea 1.4 but then whats the problem in ours?

WP_20140827_20_54_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20140831_001.jpg
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    What error do you get?
    What com port does your software use to connect? Check if same com port is assigned when a bluetooth connection was made with ELM device.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Friends,

Are there any OBD II ELM327 available in store pickup?
    Would these mini ODBs work on punto 1.3 MJD for 2011 models.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I now have the mini , the Vgate and another larger ( slightly larger than Vgate ) OBD scanners. The same issue i am facing with all. The Red LED lights up. It pairs too, but doesnt get connected. I am not sure what the issue. Also, think to note is that a slight tight movement of the scanner leads to my fuel guage dancing up and down. Any idea why and how can i make these scanners work. I returned one of the scanners to the ebay seller and he confirms its working on Swift ( the one I returned ).