1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Are fiat vehicles safe ?

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by zam123, Apr 29, 2016.

1. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    Ah! That's a happy ending to the issue finally. Now please give it a wash, take it for a spin and post some pics of your Italian beauty.
    Wish you both have a everlasting bond!

Regarding the mods, I would personally feel to keep the car in stock for sometime as its still new. You can try new things later on.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    As of Now Keep the car as it is. Mods can be done later on. Now add some utility stuffs like arm rest, 3d floor mat, reverse parking sensors/ camera etc.
  3. Anirudha Mukerjee

Anirudha Mukerjee Novizio

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    All is well that ends well!
    Felt sorry to read through your ordeal, but thanks for posting it. A freak incident or not, atleast for me it was a learning that battery cables could also botch-up. Will keep in mind.
    Hope the future rides reinstates the confidence.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for keeping us updated.
    I think you can request the mods to close this thread, and start a new thread with your ownership experience.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  5. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM

Yes i will open a ownership thread when time permits. Getting a lot busy now.

Mods,

This thread can be closed.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @zam123

Glad to hear you're 'moving on'. Do not expect perfection from any machine, all the time, in any circumstance: least of all from cars, least of all from.....Maruti, honda and Hyundai! ;-)

PS: Do you know which companies have airbags that don't work or do killingly at random? Toyota, Honda, Nissan (takata)

Do you know which is the the most 'unreliable' car model of its segment in the j d power dependability survey for india 2014? the Hyundai i20 (steering column, ac, etc)

Do you know the firm whose new recent diesel engines are fated to suffer hydrostatic lock in heavy rains/deep puddles? Honda's on the city, amaze and jazz

The suv (pickup truck, really) that needed its entire brake assembly redone soon after release in India? Toyota fortuner. because the damned things just didn't stop properly!

etcetera etcetera

Despite your experience here (a similar thing could've happened for ANY reason such as say a failed fuel pump due to adulterated fuel-- happened to me with my old Palio Stile) you'll ENJOY your Avventura no end, just you see! Most first-time Fiat owners have these fears and complexes built in, and so overreact and overconclude and over-report/protest incidences of purportedly extra/unusual 'unsafety'/'lack of qc' etc.

My dad's owned 3 Fiats and me 2 over the last 6/7 years. Sure, there've been issues but we'll be damned if we say that they were big or tantamount to grave-derelection-of-duty-and-promise! The opposite, in fact. My dad's no naive car-owner: he has and still does own vehicle(s) from many other brands, including abroad and including 'luxury' German+Swedish brands, and several japanese ones: over his long life. Suffice to say: he'd be very surprised to hear that Indian fiats are anything other than the safest and (in most ways) the best offerings on the indian mass car market, in the past or currently.

It happens. And will again. To everyone, "baari baari se". Forgive, forget and Njoy!

Admittedly, Njoying the after-sales service quality is difficult sometimes, not all the time: just sometimes. But: even that's 'not bad', just so-so on average! BUT guess what: that's exactly true of many/most after sales setups of most/all firms, IF one considers ALL parameters.

cheers and best wishes, then, to your saucy Avventura and your long future driving it?! ;-)
    Prathap Chandran S likes this.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @nkrishnap / mods, kindly have this thread locked as per OP's request.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Glad that the issue has been resolved for you. When i had seen your post on the TFI closing thread I knew looking at the pic what the issue was, but didnt want to go OT there or point that in some part its your miss too.

The guy who told you that there is no nut required really needs to be taught a thing or two. The misses in this case is clearly the bolt with no nut, and which also means that the other nut was not tightened properly. FIAT QC mechanism failed here , later the dealer's PDI failed and then as a customer you should have also done a proper PDI.

If the cable was faulty and couldn't withstand the heat you would have noticed the wire melting not the plastic cover. That's utter crap excuse from the technician. Thrash him from my side please. The plastic melting clearly indicates high temp at the end bolt. The only way it could have generated heat / spark is due to loose connection. And if the wires do get so hot the fuses are always of a slightly lower capacity than the wires. You would have had multiple blown fuses or at least the main power fuse, which I don't think happened.

Nevertheless, since all is sorted and you are back on the road with your ride, do ensure to look at the PDI list here and still check out the complete rest of the car, before you get another unpleasant surprise

Converting to FFE would screw up the sound to start with. Also it will void your warranty in a ziffy. There are better things to do with your ride

1. Tyre upgrade
    2. ICE upgrade
    3. Seat coveres ( though I dont think you can better covers than what's already there )
    4. Remapping ( warranty issues still, but not as easily detectable as a FFE )

a few more mods, only if you have the appetite and love for your ride
    RaviHegde likes this.