1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple - Samsung Trial in the US/Worldwide

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Rectangles are copyrighted by Apple
    Rectangles are copyrighted by Apple..jpg

2. You mean to say there was no Smart Phone or Touch Fone before the Apple introduced I Phone ???? I don't remember anything about the history of Smartphones as I dont use any, but just to know what happened then , I am asking this..
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

In the world of technology and IPRs (intellectual property rights), battle over patents is nothing new. For example: I did a quick google and found the following patent application by Samsung: USD664540. Now isn't this almost same as the one filed by Apple?

What I am trying to say is that every company wants to gain a share of the market and will go a very long way to achieve this. Filing for patents and protecting them is one way. Also if you see the world over, each country is busy protecting/accepting patents filed by companies that are their local companies. So one company may loose patent in country X and win in country Y. Similarly the competitor company may win in country X and loose in country Y

A product is always defined by the kind of experience it offers to its users, any innovations that it incorporates and the reliability it offers. Also, for every product there is always a target audience.

As of today, Apple is in a position where other mobile companies can only dream of. It is due to its innovation capabilities, the user experience and reliability its products offers. Apple is the innovator and game changer in the mobile handset market. Apple changed the way everyone used to think about cell phones. Before the iphone was launch, its preview demos caused a huge rave because what it offered seemed to be impossible to implement.

Apple appears to serve the niche segment and get returns for the huge amount it has invested in R&D for coming out with a product that gives a rich experience.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Correct Srida. Apple is not the first company who introduced Smartphone.

Source:- Wikipedia.

The first cellular phone to incorporate PDA features was an IBM prototype developed in 1992 and demonstrated that year at the COMDEX computer industry trade show. A refined version of the product was marketed to consumers on 16 August 1994 by BellSouth under the name Simon Personal Communicator. The Simon was the first device that can be properly referred to as a "smartphone", even though that term was not yet coined.

LG Prada is the first phone with capacitive touchscreen phone.
    The LG KE850, also known as the LG Prada is a touchscreen mobile phone made by LG Electronics. It was first announced on December 12, 2006. Images of the device appeared on websites such as Engadget Mobile on December 15, 2006. An official press release showing an image of the device appeared on January 18, 2007. Sales start in May 2007. It was the first mobile phone with a capacitive touchscreen. LG Prada sold 1 million units in the first 18 months.

But, The Samsung SGH-i300 was the world's first smartphone with an embedded hard disk, and was developed and manufactured by Samsung Electronics. Announced and launched in 2005, it was also Samsung's first Windows Mobile smartphone to be launched in the European Union.

Apple I Phone :- The first iPhone was unveiled by Steve Jobs, late CEO of Apple, on January 9, 2007, and released on June 29, 2007. The most recent iPhone, the 5th generation iPhone 4S was released in October 2011.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  5. royj

royj Esperto

This video explains a lot about Apple. While they do make some really good products, what they are currently doing with their patent claims is a lot of nonsense.

3 people like this.
  6. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Now, thats funny.

The world of Patents are screwed up beyond belief !
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

1 person likes this.