1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple - Samsung Trial in the US/Worldwide

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Aug 26, 2012.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i'm not sure.. but i think its sumsug who manufactures the display unit for apple products.. so this patent fight.. will that affect their other contracts/line of bussiness..?!?
  2. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Just for fun

Apple.jpg
    4 people like this.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Good One. For humore Just Vice versa:- This Fridge model built in 1990, so Ban provided to all apple & samsung & all other smart phone with this size & shape. This ban will be effective world wide and user has to go to normal phone which will be used for only phone. Smart phone are causing this long discussion and wasting time of court. So same verdict as Sun-Film. Ban all Smart phone.. ;)

Just for Humore. NOM to any Smart phone user ( I am also one of of them.. :p).
  4. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    These arguments seems to be like Fiat vs Maruti vs Hyundai :)

I always believe there is a product for everyone. Everyone has different priority and different taste. All the products are value for money from it's owner's point of view.

Just for information - One of colleague wanted to buy Iphone 4s. I asked him why the hell he wants to spend 40 k when he can get similar phone with similar or better features for about 20-25K. He told me one thing and I could not argue. He said, "I just want to feel it in my hands. It was my dream since quite a some time to buy an Iphone. So, I am just following my heart and not at all thinking about features, VFM etc". Isn't his statement familiar to most of us "Following heart" ?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That bit is fine.

But i would love to know what exactly is inside that iphone which makes it worth 40 or so k?

What is the rationale behind Apple charging that much for a device which in performance and specs is only marginally better than some 25-26k phones. It's not built of titanium either.

So, Apple is -
    - Cashing in on the consumer's emotions. Ripping them off.
    -Laughing all the way to the bank while the poor consumer thinks he has finally attained some nirvana by purchasing the 'jesus phone'.
    3 people like this.
  6. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Agree Gurji. It's really not worth 40 K. Neither their IPad or Macbook. They are too overpriced. It's just people's mindset which is very difficult to change. There is no reason for Apple to reduce the price till they see such a demand for their product.

Again similar to Swift vs Punto. Both costs same and we know which is better product. Still, Swift sells in thousands and Punto in hundreds.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Gurji, agree with you here, Apple phones are good but not worth of more than 30000-35000. I bought 4S 16 GB unlocked from US with USD702( in Feb 1 USD= 50 INR), so 35000 was ok for me if I compare with others, one of my colleague bought Galaxy SII from India INR 30000 .

Apple Price in India is really heavy. Same one I have to spend 46-47.5 K in India, that is huge from my understanding. I bought Sony VAIO T series Ultrabook 11.6 inch in INR 49990 and feel its better than Apple 11.6 in Mackbook pro with same config costing whooping INR 72000. I have to buy Microsoft office for INR 6000 separately. MS office are seperately built for Mac and you can't use same Windows MS office software in Mac. Sony Ultrabook also same slim as Macbook Pro and very good.

What I am missing from my Galaxy in Apple is below. Apple has announced this in Next IOS 6.0. So now I am happy with 4S. I am also happy with Galaxy ACE ( except pathetic battery).
    IOS6 feature-Decline functionality.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. venka

venka BANNED

Criticizing Apple for their approach is fine, but supporting Samsung is ridiculous :|

It's like Fiat Gave the Engine to MS. what happened Swift started to out sell FIAT's. Question is how many knows about Punto's built Quality , Breaking efficiency and No rattling. Since nobody has bothered to test drive it properly.

In the same way, Apple who gave the idea of Smartphone and showed touch sensitiveness devices to world. how many are able to get the device in India ,felt touch should be like this. Samsung copied it , as every one not able to take the Apple coz of higher price here Samsung took the advantage of it with low cost models and copied design.

I work on Mobility and Use Apple as my personnel device my better half uses Samsung. We both agree that Apple is best . because of their touch experiences.

Apple is touch expert. Google is Search Expert. In Fact Google warned Samsung not to copy Apple. When they have warned means yes there is something fishy!!

Apple will come with iPhone 5 on sep 12th it seems. Still people will stand in Q and buy them . those who stand in Q are mad ??? no right that's the craziness and they are the Fan boys of Apple. Like we are the Fan boy's FIAT here.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Venka, you are also true from your view.

Samsung and other Smartphone companies are using Googles's Android software which one can easily customize & create their own/ or search their requirement and configure any software inside phone. But in Apple you can't customize, what ever Apple has given you have to use the same.
    Both has positive & negative.

Apple:- UI is good, but to add Music/Video you have to convert music through I tune. But in Android phone you can add as copy paste job. So you will find lot's of positive & negative.
    Its depend on user's requirement, what they actually wants.

And Apple doesn't provided any to other smart phone like Fiat engine in Maruti, So don't think that way.

One like Fiat, one VW, others Honda, Hyundai based on their requirement.

Example:- Kolkata don't have any Nissan dealer. Nearest dealer are in Bhubaneswar. If Some one from Siliguri (W.B) need to buy Nissan Teana, but due to dealer & ASS he need to reject. But Siliguri has Hyundai dealer, so He/She need to try Hyundai Sonata/Elantra. If he/she also a fanboy of Nissan, he can't buy Nissan.
    Siliguri-Kolkata:- 600 Km. Kolkata to Bhubaneswar- 400 Km. One shouldnot go to 1000 Km far to do general checkup for car. If His car stalled in Siliguri then think What will be towing cost of his/her car till Bhubaneswar. Though he/she is Nissan Fan, can't buy Teana.

The same thing for Apple also. Also I feel Apple's are heavy priced electronics product at least in India.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My S2 already has a "reject call with message" option. But yes, remind me later is something new to me.