1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple - Samsung Trial in the US/Worldwide

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Aug 26, 2012.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Apple sucks big time. Teey just want to shove some @@$$ into our mouth. The patents granted are utter rubbish. And the slide the screen touch unlock was invented by other companies but Apple got patent.sucksssss
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Apple is a corporation that has carefully managed their public relations exercise to create a myth around their products and Steve Jobs. First of all, Steve Jobs for all his innovations, harbored some extremely regressive ideas when it came to issues like freedom and education.

Now on to the phone and the gadgets, they sell glitzy/sugary phones and tabs ( Some say I-phones are for girls!!) for a price that could easily buy you a decent motorbike :O They also channel way too much of their energy to nullify technologies that allow people to share information, music or pictures - for example Bluetooth.

These kind of monopolistic practices combined with their bad records over the sweat shops they maintain in China, all this carefully fabricated facade that is Apple will crumble down one day. Or let us hope so.
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Whilst I agree that the whole Patent law in US is actually flawed, from an User experience perspective Android lacks the finesse. Before you all pounce on me I've owned iPhone 3GS, 4 and currently using an Xperia Arc primarily because of the locked down iOS and have always felt that iOS just offers what the users wanted. Remember not all end users want to fiddle around or root the phone to gain a superior user experience. Android is more open and there is community support and loads of handset to choose from but the fragmentation and time to wait for updating the OS is painful. I've loved the Apple way of doing things here and iPhone 3GS has got iOS 5.0 and will also get iOS 6.0 - that's for an phone which was released almost 3 years back, Can you guys let me know which Android device which was released 3 years back and runs ICS? I'll bet there will be none.

Samsung devices have been boasting about Quad core processors, 1GB RAM and what not, however if you still look at the Performance benchmarks iPhone 4S was comfortably above that. It's using what it's given in the best possible way and doesn't require a Quad core processor to perform superior. For the end-user all this quad core is not required, all they require is a seamless UI and I still believe Apple is providing them what they need.

Before signing off - I'm not an Apple fanboy, But hate Samsung :D
    2 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Pardon me, my good sir, but the above information is factually absolutely incorrect.

The S2 is not the quad core phone. The S3 is. The link you provided compares the iphone4S against S2.

And now see for yourself how the S3 whoops the iphone4S. Quad Core is not really a gimmick, is it? ;) I'm no Samsung guy either. I'm all for HTC. But facts are facts.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Okay - the facts may be mixed up, but the real rival for S3 will be the iPhone 5 once it gets released. The S2 is/was a direct comparo with iPhone 4S and it works flawlessly providing the user experience I've been talking. Do you've the benchmark comparisons of iPad 3 against the latest Samsung Tabs - I bet the iPad 3 is better. Remember the cores and memory doesn't matter to 90% of phone buying public just like our own cars. I've S2 in two of my close TFI'ans whilst one phone has echo all the time the other disconnects from data network often forcing a re-boot - It doesn't mean Apple doesn't has it flaws but I hardly rebooted my iPhones during my ownership.
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes, that's more like it.

Cheers.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I cannot really vouch for any manufacturer here. They set up a dog-eat-dog world for themselves. I am no fan of Samsung devices but what i hate of Apple is the kind of exclusivity they try to push through for their devices, which actually is not that exclusive.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Where is my Nokia.. ;). I was a Nokia Fan, and used all phone from 1100, 2600, N76 Then the beauty N79. What a phone it was, crisp music with 3D surround sound. I am a music fan and wish my battery will stay more than 2 days, and it done. More than 3 days. I have paired this with Punto Bluetooth and then Phone was gone after 1 year. Nokia care told Motherboard already gone as they were not able to update software,:uh. I really missed my N79, RIP.

Now come to the thread discussion. I am not a fan boy of Samsung or Apple. I am fan boy of Nokia N79.
    So experience as below:-
    After demise of N79 I thought to buy a touch screen phone. Apple I Phone4 was there and 32000 for 16GB and GalaxySII for 30000. I didn't have budget for both as I could spent max 15000. So checked the Galaxy ACE, it’s a copy of IPhone4, almost looks similar. I didn't like IPhone3GS design, but 4 with square type design attracted me. I tried in USA on Nov 2010, but they told it was locked. So in 2011 Aug I bought Galaxy Ace, Phone is good, battery is more than pathetic, If I use 3G it last for 3-3.5Hrs. 2G one day. So my passion Music listening was gone; Went to USA on Jan this year and saw I Phone 4s was available in USA with unlocked version. I had to check battery and saw it lasts 8-8.5 hrs with 3G & 14hrs with 2G. I checked Music quality, it’s really great and UI was good. I bought a 4S unlocked from SAN JOSE mall. I had AT&T 3G sim and used it in Galaxy Ace. But due to Ace battery I changed it to 2G mode. Then I went to AT&T & they provided me micro sim card with activated prepaid with same number ( no 3G or internate option ). I was happy as I used wireless in 4S. No real exam for 4S. And I used my Airtel sim in ACE for only SMS. After returning to India Airtel guys told there was no micro sim in India. I was like :A, asked them they how others are using 4& 4S. They cut my sim with a sim cutter and I entered the same, First chance It started working in 4S. and used 3G & 2G as well in 4S.

Real exam:- When went to Kuntala waterfalls I used 3G for 7.5 hrs and still 45% battery left on 4S, felt really good.

I have both Apple & Samsung
    Observation:-
    Apple phones are really strict on their OS and safe phone. Battery is really good. Good to use for Internet, Movie, music. Apple is for them ( bit pricy that competitor) Those don't want customization.
    Samsung phones are really good, Battery are worst most part of Samsung. Good to use for Internet, Music also fair, Samsung is for them Those want customization.

But I really miss my favorite Nokia N79.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Open source architecture is what I always inclined to. When I was buying a tablet withiut much of the prior knowledge, I still preferred Sony over Apple though the price differnece was less than $100 and all friends were suggesting Apple.

Being a symbol of innovstion and may beoffbeat, in all probabilities Apple devices and systems may have run thro my heart but the monopolistic appraoch made me never use its products. I'm sure i will like it but never used it due to this reason.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Folks Android Jelly Bean user experience can match or even better IOS 4.0 used a google nexus (samsung built),watch out for really more smarter phones from both Apple and Andoid bandwagon.at the end of the day we get to benefit.