1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple launched IPhone5 with iOS6. Update: iOS7 launched !

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by BoseSuman, Sep 12, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Uh oh, are you questioning Apple?? ::pP

7999424934_d97ab36b81_z.jpg
    2 people like this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure Gurji, but this logic perfectly applies in USA only. In other country unlocked IPhone are used.Say, In USA:- AT&T & T-Mobile can give you service for Postpaid sim (Locked)/Prepaid Sim (Unlocked) too. Verizon gives CDMA option. In Other Countries where unlocked vesion will be provided by apple.Say in India:- Airtel & Vodaphone will be IPhone provider. They need to provide NANO-SIM to IP5 users, not sure what basis & how they will provide NANO-SIM, Still Micro-Sim not available in India for IP4.If you have Airtel, but need to change your provider like TATA-Docomo or BSNL, how will you get NANO-SIM.For IP4/4S, you can easily cut the normal SIM with SIM-CUTTER as the circuit area are same for both. For NANO-SIM Circuit area will be very less and you can't cut Normal/Micro-Sim to a NANO-SIM.IF this is only for USA then Apple's strategy is good for SIM perspective. If this is for whole world, then it's really BAD move.
  3. arpenkar

arpenkar

Thane
    When Galileo said the world was round...his contemporaries declared him a lunatic! The early mover is always criticsed!

As with most things, the trend in mobiles is slimmer, faster, stable. For the first part, every nano-meter of real estate saved is a valuable contribution to the overall reduction in device dimensions. Hence the move to Nano-SIM. In the days to come..nano-SIM will be the defacto choice in all phones!
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I think you are going a bit overboard in this case. I am not sure from which industry you are that you are commenting so confidently on this.

Can you explain what open source means in this case? Please do not go by catch words without fully knowing what it means

You can do a search on the net on which OS and device maker supports more HW platforms and post the difference over here

At the moment, Android is not a match for iOS. As far as the phone upgrade is concerned, your friends phone would be a high end model and not the low end one

This is an Android fanboy comment. There are many free apps available for iPhone. I have not had to buy any app till now since there are many free apps available

I have access to many Android phones. Fact is Android is the poor cousin of iOS

Unlocked firmware images are nothing but custom images

Market targetted by Apple is different from the Android market. Android caters to a wide base whereas Apple caters to a select band

Firstly, it is wrong to compare Fiat with some Korean Android phone manufacturers. FIAT is a legendary vehicle maker with a lot of rich experience. The Korean phone company is best compared to the Korean vehicle maker. In terms of technical expertise and knowledge, FIAT is best compared to Apple. Battery and build is very important part of the phone. Whats the use of a phone if it gets discharged in less than a day?

Marketing is not the only virtue, technology and IPR is equally important. Lets face the fact and bite the bullet, Apple has a technically superior product that is very difficult to match.

If you are still not convinced I can call you up and we can debate on the same :)

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Please check page 21 of following specification
    http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/102200_102299/102221/11.00.00_60/ts_102221v110000p.pdf
    The support is as per the latest technical standard which everyone shall eventually move to
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    After 1 week I have connected my 4S with wireless just now, and watching that iOS6 is getting downloading & installing. After installation will able to check the new features.

Apple has provided this installation as free seems, but in Itune it is showing some features are not available in Indian Itune store. Let see what new update & features I will get from iOS6.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    First Impression on iOS6.

1. You tube removed from Application ( bad move).
    2. It's faster than iOS5.
    3. Apple Map instead of Google Map ( Not able to get the location, need to check more how it works).
    4. Google Map removed.
    5. New features as Pass Book.
    6. Call decline functionality with message ( really good one I was waiting for).
    7. Do Not Disturb option- on-off functionality in settings.
    8. In Music Media Player, I tune like theme appeared, ( Grayish from blackish), Instead of blue color Apple use orange color, not good as Blue option.
    9. Photo Stream functionality.
    10. Brighter than iOS5, I reduced brightness in my Phone.

Yesterday, I have received a issue:- I can't update software facebook, others from Indian I tune sore, it asked me to use US Itune store. Anyone faced this please let me know.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Pathetic is that, there is no indication of India in the section of Direction of Map ( navigation) in apple website, only satelite & normal map exists for India. Hope after bug fix they will allow all applications to India.
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Priced at 1.1L,the seller has gone crazy for sure.