1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple iPhone Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Sep 8, 2014.

1. I stick to one gen old iphone for price sake.
    just few weeks back, I moved up from iphone 4 to a space grey 32 gb 5S. very much at home. and the thing that i like most. it is so light at 112g with all power packed in. and not much liking the 5" size yet. probably if i use i migh find it ok. any way.
    I don't usually compare it with android phones specs wise. to me iphone 4 performed exceedingly well, only that after ios7 update things slowed.(sigh! could not downgrade) and 5s does all of it, and more and much better. so i hope this one serves me as much years (read 3) at least ;)
    Turbothinghy and ramjn like this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Very much in the same situation. I own an iPhone4 and it is now slow. Looking at 5S 32GB.
    How much did you pay?? Where did you get it from?
  3. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    I used the first gen iphone for 5 years before I dropped it in a bucket of water. Wifi and speaker stopped working after that. I can still technically use it as ipod touch after syncing songs through itunes. I used an HTC phone for a year, after which it just stopped working one fine day. HTC didn't help much with repairs, and I had to let it go. I then purchased iPhone 5c Jan 2014, and used it till June, when the home button stopped working. I was using soft button for a while and finally I decided to bite the bullet and check with iCare whether that could be repaired. And, what Apple did pleasantly surprised me. They replaced an out of warranty 5c with a new one. I now have a new 5c, and I can chug along till probably 2017.

I used Android for a year (HTC) and I switched to iOS, have been a happy customer since. I also have a 2011 MacBookPro, which works like a charm, and that is my personal computer.
    ramjn likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I bought Iphone 6, 9 months back and was having iphone 5 before that, which I used for a little more than 2 years. Iphone 6 is a brilliant phone, but the form factor is not to my liking. It is taller than many 5 inch phones which makes one hand operation a little difficult, specially when you are reading something while lying on bed. I thought I would get used to the size, but i haven't and I still feel iphone 5/5s size was perfect, and maybe i should have upgraded to iphone 5s rather than 6 ;)
  5. Well i got it (in fact both) thru craigslist USA as resold pieces. I made the deal & one of my friend(s) carried it while his India visit. This one was $290 and earlier one was $250 then. Both were <6months used while bought. The timing matched ( :( ) so much that my i4 back & front were shattered (but still working) just 2days before 5s reached my hands. Got panels replaced for 2.2k and is used as a spare phone/ipod now.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for the info. I shall wait a few more months for 5S price to go down. Otherwise, I'll go for a MotoG. 35,000 (current 5S price) for a phone is too high price in Indian salaried person.
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    iPhone 6 costed 740$ April 2015, must say very stable reliable phone. I use Good for enterprise this was crashing on K900 and S2 my earlier phones. Sometimes android use to reboot automatically

iPhone got rebooted as well (twice) while playing videos via whatsapp

Overall happy customer over Android

IMG_0184.JPG
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Have placed pre-order for the 6s 64gb. Eagerly waiting to be delivered. They have promised to ship on 24th. :)
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The wait is over. Received my 6s yesterday. :)

Initial Impression - Very much impressed.
    The new 3D touch (or force touch) is simply awesome.

p1.jpg

p2.JPG
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Congratulations !

Could you please post some pics from the new 6S :)
    ramjn likes this.