1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple iPhone Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Sep 8, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Ramesh!! Apple products are like that,, you cant resist becoming one(fanboy).

I too was about to buy 5S, but price difference here in Oslo isnt substantial , so I ended up in queue for iphone6,,

Eagerly waiting for the same.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    ramjn likes this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Finally got my hands on iPhone 6. It's awesome and feather light.
    Absolutely loving it.

I don't know if it's "fanboyism", but this was my fourth Apple product in a year!!:)
    ramjn likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Surprising that no one is interested in discussing the gadgets these days. :)

Well, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus was launched today with the tagline "The only thing that has changed is everything". Actually I see that except for the design, 6 and 6s are completely different phones with regard to hardware/software. Honestly I really liked the phone and may end up placing preorder on 12th. :)

6s.jpg
    Any views, guys?
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @ramjn, you probably know this, if hardware wise you compare, then the argument will always tilt for android.

But as a complete package of hardware, software and the way it integrated and tuned ;) one cannot challenge Apple engineers. So price wise I would suggest let it come down and pick it up in a deal. The 128gb model since SD is missing as usual.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I hope 5S prices will come down now.
    I'll upgrade to 5S 32GB, if pricing is about 25K₹
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am done with Android phones. I have stopped even comparing. I am very much happy with iOS and will stick with it for now.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes yes there is no comparing here to find a winner or loser of a phone. Just since you asked for viewpoint mentioned what I felt. :)
    Although I am wondering, apart from screen etc. what is the most compelling reason for upgrade feature wise for existing iphone users.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson . Is there any change in the screen specs? I didn't find any on apple site. 6S and 6S+ continue to be 720p and 1080p respectively.

Besides I guess the top end 6S+ should be close to 80 K when launched.

Not sure if such a big investment for something which we are going to replace in 2 years time is worth it.

I am still thinking whether to get a Moto X2(18 K on flipkart) or wait for the X3 which should be close to 30 K.

I have been using a Nexus 4 since last 30 months and the only reason I plan to change it is I dropped it in the water.

Its still working but lot of issues with touch screen but am somehow managing. Fixing the screen would be close to 4 K which is almost 40% of the price. Still sitting on the fence whether to change the phone or buy a new one. Buying a new one makes more sense as battery is dying as well.

Not really brave enough to put in so much money on a phone. Not that I cant afford one but just the experience with previous apple products.

The premium they charge is somehow not justified at least in India. Usually they are not able to fix it and they charge for replacement if its more than a year. The case is pretty different in US though.
    ramjn likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @nibedk,
    Strictly IMPO the premiums make no sense to me esp the heavy premium they charge; never did on any Apple products. Maybe Foxconn which is setting up in Maharashtra could help localised versions of the future handsets, but still in distant future perhaps. Moto X2 is a good and safe bet, but I would recommend you look at all options in market. The nexus 4 could still be worth fixing (that touchscreen issue) should you also have a second SIM or even if you need a backup for emergency. Do use the new tough tempered glass 9H things on the phones new or old; seems worth it.

OT:
    About repairs and spares: Beware of sites like MAXBHI.com, the listings can be misleading for spares of cellphone. My experience was not so good as they listed and sent a capacitive screen when only solution for the particular phone was an OGS glass (LCD+Touch Panel pressed together sandwitched as one part). It was my fault also thinking the screen can be salvaged by just replacing touch panel, but the listing itself was wrong for the model since plain touch panel was simply not an option for a specific model which was misleading in the first place. The display was working but touch panel glass broken, but during replacement the technician noticed the screen could not be removed without damage and it was damaged somehow when he tried further.
  10. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson . Agreed to all you have mentioned. I am more inclined towards buying a new one as I need to charge the Nexus 4 2-3 times a day depending on usage. With 3G on it retains charge for 3-4 hrs only. And battery cant be changed in Nexus 4. So I was looking @ exchanging it for X2 where I can get additional 5 K off on flipkart. At 18 K X2 seems to be a steal only issue is feather like screen which is prone to breaking as per multiple reviews.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Can wait till X3 and new Nexus 5 is launched. Once you are used to pure android there are no options except Nexus and Motorola. Apple if one is ready to pay the premium. I ll skip Windows phone for now. The ecosystem is not as bustling as iOS or Andriod.