1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple iPhone Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Sep 8, 2014.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good, waiting for your review on the phone and then I will decide on my options ;)
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It will, but you need to consider the amount of force required to bend the same. If incase you don't believe, just check this.

Samsung where as being criticized for having a sub par build quality for being plasticky is the strongest even without such exotic metals going into the phone for reinforcement.

comparison.jpg
    Rituraj likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree. But, did they consider other parameters of the phone as well to arrive at the relative strength rather than just telling phone X is the strongest? It is like comparing Hatches, Sedans and SUV's. :D

They should have considered the parameters like the dimension, weight, etc to arrive at more scientific figure rather than just giving a plain comparison.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I did read this. This proves the fact that the 'haters' invent any possible ways to mock Apple. The same hairgate article ends like this.

Apple products have frequently been the subjects of blown-up issues. When the first Mac computer was released it was criticized by skeptics who said it was essentially a "toy." When the iPhone 4 came out, some users reported antenna issues that resulted in dropped calls. Bendgate is in the process of blowing over and it is almost certain that the same fate will befall Hairgate. Even many iPhone users are questioning the "issues."

"I have iPhone 6. Doesn't bend and doesn't snag hair. Who thinks up these things? Apple haters? Competitors?" tweeted tech consultant John Wooten.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Yes, probably this 'hairgate' thing takes it a little too far. Hillarious stuff though!
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well I am really not a fanboy of either Apple or Andriod. I was a very late adopter of smart phone. Most people do not believe when I say that I bought my first smart phone early 2013 that too was bought for my wife a Samsung S3. I have used Apple products very extensively even before adopting Smart Phones. Mac Workstations, Mac Books and IPads as part of work and Ipods( Classic, Nano and Touch) for personal use. Never an Iphone though I had a lot of friends using it. It was in US that I had to buy a smart phone out of necessity. I had to go for a GPS device everytime I rented a car which was not as cost effective. I bought an Andriod device just because everything I had was Apple. No doubt Apple makes great products but the premium they charge for it is not worth.
    I have moved on from Apple products as they do not form a part of my work anymore. My Classic and Nano went bad on the same day 3 months back and I was offered a IPod Touch in luie of the Nano for 7.5 K. They could not repair or replace my Classic Ipod though. Even though I wasnt intrested in getting a Apple product anymore I badly wanted a music player for my long road trips. The idea of using a smart phone as a music device doesn't intrest me at all as I use them more for Maps when in my car. I got Ipod touch only because I wanted an independent music player. This should be my last Apple product. Bought a Nexus 4 as well in mid of 2013 and have Windows based systems for other personal stuff. Never really missed Apple after coming back from US. Andriod in its purest form gives me more user friendly experience and Windows with all its short comings is good enough for me. Apple no doubt makes more premium products than MS but I still do not feel its worth what Apple charges for. I would rather buy a Nikon D7100 or Sony A77 MKII DSLRs for 80 K than wasting it on an Apple Iphone. A 30 K Moto X or Nexus 5 would still do it for me.

No intention of hurting any of Apple fans and users. But thats just me. 80 K on a phone either IOS or ANDRIOD or WINDOWS is just not worth it.
    Rituraj and ramjn like this.
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ramjn, have you got your hands on your device? Any updates. How is it?
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I did not place any order after the fiasco from Apple. But, I have ended up with something you would never expect. :D
    Ended up with 32gb Space Gray 5s.

What I miss in 5s over 6 is better chip, bigger screen and Apple Pay. But, what I cherish about 5s is that it is one brilliantly designed phone than 6. It has been 2 weeks now and I am completely satisfied with it and I may become an Apple fanboy soon. :)

Well, it depends entirely with an individual. The one which doesn't make any sense to you may make sense to the other guy. We have to leave it at that.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on your new buy. Enjoy your 5s. You should have got that in a good deal.