1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple iPhone Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Sep 8, 2014.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Will bend and then blend in your pant pocket:))

Abdul
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    iPhone6Plus undocumented bug. Introducing the all new feature Flex in iPhone6Plus!
    9PjwR8Z.png

Video
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What I see since the launch of iPhone 6 is that non Apple users are busy trying out all possible ways to mock Apple and iPhone. It is making me to think Android users have nothing to enjoy and keep themselves busy mocking Apple. :D

Any large and thin phone will bend in my opinion including Note2/3 and any other phone.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In my opinion what puts people off is the price of the phone and they get offensive and try too bring the image down.

There was a link in NDTV stating that the in manufacturing cost of iPhone 6 from previous model was only 15.6$, where the total cost was 215.6$ against the selling price of 749$.

So with 4 millions units so far, the revenue is already >$20 billion. :jawdrop:
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Here's a video where the Note 3 is made to go through the 'bend' test. The results are there for everyone to see :)

P.S: I am not an Apple hater. I own an iPad myself.
    GP_Freak likes this.
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Neither am I. I too have an iPad and 4S. It isn't about Apple. Its only about iPhone6 and wonder how many phones will they have to recall if this issue is serious.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No its more like love-hate people will have with Apple or many other brands. There is nothing anyone can do about it. Those talking about mocking or bring image down & offensive etc., didn't you guys see its a chuck it all video, its meant to be grotesque yet funny. They killed a Note 3 too along with a Lumia. I own a Samsung and Nokia Lumia; does not stop them from blending those also, the blendtec guys... lol :D

They have the 'does it blend' punch line you get to read on youtube many times which is supposed to be like a funny buzzkill to many things hyped...:hilarious:

This being a car forum I am yet to read anyone objecting about something as repulsive as destroying real R8s when CGI could probably do the job...:wideyed:

8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    “We’ve designed the product to be incredibly reliable throughout all your real world use," Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller told me. "And in designing that we then have to validate heavily, and see how does it live up to real world use, and what are the forces and pressures on it, and how do you measure and prove that you’ve delivered on a specification.”

In case you hadn't guessed, Apple doesn't often show this facility to outsiders. The only reason I'm here today is because Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 6, bends. At least for some people. The real question up until now is just how many people that's happening to, and whether that would happen during normal use in a human pocket.

Apple's answer today, both in a statement and now in these testing facilities, is that the iPhone 6 is tough. It's made with steel / titanium inserts designed to reinforce potential stress points, a special blend of aluminum Apple formulated itself, and ion-strengthened glass. But more important, Apple says, is that the iPhone 6 has been put through hundreds of tests, as well as tested in the pockets of thousands of Apple employees before consumers ever get their hands on it.

What's the exact number of devices Apple went through before it was done? About 15,000 for each the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, according to the company. "The iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus are the most tested," Dan Riccio, Apple's senior vice president of hardware engineering, told us today. "As we add more and more features, we have to find out a way to break them before customers do."

"The bottom line is that if you use enough force to bend an iPhone, or any phone, it's going to deform," Riccio says.

"As we expected, it’s extremely rare to happen in real world use," Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller told us. "In this case, as in many things, we tell customers that if you think something's occurred that shouldn't have with your device, go to AppleCare, go to the Genius Bar, and let them take a look at it. And we'll see if your product is having an experience it shouldn't have, and is covered under warranty."

Source - http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/25/6845611/inside-apples-iphone-6-torture-building
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some interesting developments. :)

"When he is bending it with his bare hands, the phone shows 2:26 p.m. Then, talking about it that later claiming it has bent as a consequence of his actions earlier in the video, the phone shows 1:58 p.m. Then later when he is summarizing, the time on the phone is 1:58 - 2:00 and has a bend in it. Then it shows 2 p.m. and the phone is straight with some possible damage near the volume button."

Read fully here - http://www.businessinsider.com/bend...eal-story-behind-the-flexible-iphone-6-2014-9
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Apple will launch the iPhone 6 16GB variant in India at a price of Rs. 53,500, while the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus will start at Rs. 62,500. The phones will be available in India starting October 17, in line with the date that was last seen on Apple's India website. Apple authorised dealers will start taking pre-orders next week, with customers who pre-book receiving their units on 16th night itself.

The 64GB and 128GB 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will be priced at Rs. 62,500 and Rs. 71,500 respectively. Similarly, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus will cost Rs. 71,500 for the 64GB variant, before topping at Rs. 80,500 for the 128GB variant.