1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple iPhone Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Sep 8, 2014.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, because it has an identity crisis now. It looks like any other Samsung or HTC now.

The 5s was the last of the iconic iPhones.
    ramjn likes this.
  2. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Who cares? HTC one M8 rocks
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For the size, yes. But, still iphone has its identify that can be felt only after using it. That's what I believe. :)

I am done with Android/Google. It is either iOS or Windows for me. Apple phones are definitely exciting than Windows phones.

Slightly OT: Tim Cook on the Business model of Apple and Google.

1.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What is the cost of 6 and 6 plus. I think you do not get a 32 GB. What is the cost of 64 GB respectively?
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, I meant purely the looks and form factor. Regarding iOS, that is what I believe too. Why do you think I said the 5s was good? ;) I moved to iOS already. :)
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wow. You now own 5s? How do you feel the transformation from Note (2/3) to 4" iPhone? Didn't you feel any difficult?

I am in the same situation. My current phone (Lumia 920) has screen size of 4.5 and I am inclined towards 6 plus.
    DRIV3R likes this.
  7. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Unfortunately, I phone is not the one for me even though I like it and its cute and cuddly. Its like having a car which has no mod potential... Not just that, I seriously don't like the propaganda that apple does sometime like they invented the wheel when others have been riding 4 wheelers for long (Facetime, notification bar..)

I think I am going to flamed by I phone fans and users.:rolleyes:
    bharath, royj and 5u3zEr0 like this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, yes the 5S in Space Grey. The transformation was bit strange for first couple of days in two aspects. One, the screen size. While I missed the TV like screen of the Note2, I felt much easier to use the iPhone's screen. Two, the battery life. Note 2 has an awesome 3100mAh battery while the iPhone has some 1850mAH if my memory serves right. So, if am using the phone continuously, I hardly get 5-6 hours. Full time usage that is. For normal usage, I get almost 20 hours plus.

The iOS is seamless and is a great experience, the iOS8 update is even nicer. The phone has no lag whatsoever.
    ramjn likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    1560mah. I can definitely attest to the fact that it drops FAST when doing anything on 3G data+outdoors. When I am on field tours, I turn 3G off and don't tinker with it other than attending calls. This way I'm good for a full day of calling.

The car charger is a life saver for me. Coupled with blazing fast charging rate : all is good. So, guys who go just by mah rating aren't getting the complete picture with regards to an iphone. Once you get on the iphone bandwagon, there's no going back :p

Cheers.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Had a feel of iPhone 6 and 6+ today. My personal choice is 6 over 6+. The bigger iPhone looked more Samsungish than an Apple. :)

1-WP_20140920_003.jpg

2-WP_20140920_004.jpg

3-WP_20140920_005.jpg

4-WP_20140920_006.jpg
    bharath, rishike007, Rituraj and 3 others like this.