1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple iPhone Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by gurjinder, Sep 8, 2014.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    So,

The next iPhone is about to be launched and naturally the buzz is alive and kicking. A 4.7" screen has been rumored and so are some other tweaks to the OS among other things. What are your thoughts on the launch. Let's discuss every aspect of the iPhone 6 in this thread - probable customers, reviews, critiques everything.

Personally, being a iPhone 5S user, I really don't feel that excited towards the 6. The 5S is all the phone I ever need. At best, I might think about the 6S at the end of it's life cycle when it will be making way for the 7. Depreciation at that stage does present some nice deals. This is assuming the progression will continue as it has till date.

Cheers.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMHO, I feel the innovation tag of iPhones died with Steve jobs. Now these people are competing with other makers just get the market share.

I did not feel very excited about 5S, there was nothing much to talk about except for finger print scanner.

Also, I still remember Jobs saying that a phone should not be more than 4 inch. But by the way iPhone's are taking shape, those philosophies are gone. They want to compete in all spaces. I even heard that a phablet model would also be launched.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I never owned iPhone. But, I am very excited about this launch. I may end up buying one too.

It is rumored that iPhone 6 would be provided in 4.7 and 5.5 inches. We will have to wait another 15 hours to know exactly what's going to be offered.

invitation.jpg

i6.jpg
  4. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    I am more excited about the iWatch. I own a 5c, and maybe 7 would be a good upgrade. Watch is the one to watch for, I guess :). I know that Samsung, etc have announced their watch/band/gear, but I bet my money that apple will get it right.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Apple products are always of top quality, I have owned just iPod till now, and it is much superior in every terms. But they charge huge premium for this and cost is always way to high.
    But if you can afford it, nothing beats Apple products.
    asimpleson likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Agree 100% with you Ravi, I always wonder if India is a huge market for cell phones, assembling premium products and selling in bulk here could give a lot of relief and bolster sales of these products a lot, given that these products are on list of huge no. of buyers as purchase capacity increases each day, except in their mind they cannot justify spending huge sums that are not nearly comparable to what other premium phones of major brands like google price their phones at. A slight premium over comparable phones or hardware specs. is still understandable. Just like cars some would pay way too extra just for a brand name even if it means lesser features at a price point, but those are exceptions I guess.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The event starts in less than 1.5 hrs. :)

p3.jpg

p1.jpg

p2.jpg
    bharath likes this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    So it is 4.7" and 5.5" screen for the new iPhone 6 and 6+.

They also unveiled the Apple Watch which is looking more promising and the design is just brilliant. Watch would be available in 3 formats (Apple watch, Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch Edition) and 2 sizes (38mm and 42mm). The price starts from $349 in USA and would be available from early 2015.

Watch.jpg

Note that it is Apple Watch. They have not used the 'i' branding. :)
    pv_krish, bharath and Ravi like this.
  9. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    So many things a watch can do? Way to go Apple!
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re-activating the thread. :)
    Surprised why many are not interested in iPhone 6 in TFI.

Apple opened the pre-order for iPhone 6 on september 12 and they received 4 million orders on day one. Highest pre-order ever for Apple. I am more inclined towards 6 plus than 6. May get one soon.
    raj29 likes this.