1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apple exec Eddy Cue joins Ferrari board of directors.

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Herbie, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    “I am delighted that Eddy Cue, one of the main driving forces behind Apple’s range of revolutionary products, has now joined our board. His huge experience in the dynamic, innovative world of the Internet will be of great assistance to us.”

Eddie Cue is Apple’s Senior Vice President Internet Software and Services and oversees Apple's industry-leading content stores including the iTunes Store, the revolutionary App Store and the iBookstore, as well as Siri, Maps, iAd and Apple's innovative iCloud services. He is a 23-year Apple veteran and played a major role in creating the Apple online store in 1998, the iTunes Music Store in 2003 and the App Store in 2008. He earned a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Economics at Duke University.

“I am pleased and proud to become a member of the board. I have personally dreamed of owning a Ferrari since I was 8 years old and have been lucky to be an owner for the past 5 years. I continue to be awed by the world-class design and engineering that only Ferrari can do," said Eddie Cue, commenting on his nomination to the board.

SOURCE : http://www.ferrari.com/english/abou...rd-results-for-first-nine-months-of-2012.aspx
  2. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai

I am sure, Mr. Eddie had joined ferrari only for his passion for cars esp. ferrari. with his experience in Apple, he is a welcome addition to the already very tech savvy ferrari team and will work towards taking the car company in a direction as set by his superior in a very efficient result oriented way, all the very best to Mr.eddie for his new and challenging role @ ferrari . I wish you get into the groove and start feeling at home at the earliest.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    corroborating the above article.

Ferrari and Apple in Talks to Expand Relationship, iPad Mini Now Standard in FF Coupe

Ferrari and Apple are in talks to expand their partnership on in-car entertainment,reports Bloomberg. Ferrari Chairman Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo said the company would be "more precise" over the next few months, though its unclear what exactly Di Montezemolo meant.
    Ferrari's new 963 horsepower 'LaFerrari' hybrid hypercar was introduced this week at the Geneva Motor Show, and Ferrari also announced that its four-seater FF coupe will now incorporate a pair of iPad minis into the seats for use by the rear passengers.

"Ferrari's 12-cylinder GT sports car prowess is represented at Geneva by the FF, the very first four-seater and four-wheel drive in Prancing Horse history. It will be sporting a Grigio Ingrid livery with an elegant glass roof and Iroko interior. The FF is also now seamlessly integrated with Apple technologies, thanks to direct access to the infotainment system via SIRI voice commands and the adoption of two iPad Minis as the entertainment system of choice for the rear seat passengers."

Eddy Cue, Apple's senior vice president in charge of Internet Software and Services joined Ferrari's board of directors late last year.

SOURCE : Ferrari and Apple in Talks to Expand Relationship, iPad Mini Now Standard in FF Coupe - Mac Rumors
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013