1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apollo Tyres - Good Enough?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Dinesh Reddy, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have plain alnacs(not 4G) on my Skoda Rapid .They are supersilent this coupled with light steering I feel if there are tyres under the car or not.
    Plus they flatenout mild speed breakers & potholes so nicely. My grouse is ride comfort at speeds more than 100 km. If I keep overtaking other vehicles rapidly (serpentine style like a African Mamba), it gives a vomiting sensation to my daughter & wife, and handling at corners at good speeds gives little bit scary feel(need to slow down).

Noisy at what speeds?
    How are they for hard cornering in ghats(60 to 80 kmph) & highway speeds?
    How are the sidewalls? Soft or hard?

Same questions for you.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado, here you go:
    1) The tyre noise gets noticeable only after 80-90 km/hr. On concrete roads, the noise can be felt earlier, but I guess its common for all the tyres.

2) No problems in cornering/hard cornering. I have attacked the Lonavala corners at some very good speeds, with 4 on-board. I have done 5 inter-city trips with the 4Gs and they have behaved very well till now at the highway speeds. I normally at around 110-120 km/hr and at times venture to the top end, and the tyres havent dissapointed.

3) Side walls are hard, thats why the noise is higher. But, you do get better puncture-resistance.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    A. I hear sound when I'm freely moving in highways without any disturbances. I've experienced Michelins which are the best in providing smooth noise free rides. But that comes with other compromises too like soft rubber, bad in pot holed roads, frequent punctures.
    B. No issues at all. Infact good enough. My daughter & wife enjoys serpentine style like a African Mamba ride too and it never gives a vomiting sensation to my daughter & wife. No scary effects in cornering at high speeds. Never had a grouse on this part.
    C. How are the sidewalls? Soft or hard? Sorry. Have no idea on yardstick on what is soft or hard.
    Tornado and PradeepM like this.
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    What I like best about the Alnac 4G is the wet grip. I think it is one of the best available at the price range / category. The dry grip is also good. As every one said its noisier at cruising speeds, due to hard compound I guess. I had 3 punctures in my 24k driving. It's one of the best OEM tyres around providing best of both worlds.
    Tornado likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    There are very good reviews from Europe about Alnac 4GAll season.
    Are the stock tyres provided by fiat the same 4 GAll season or different? because 'All season 'are looking unidirectional in the pic.

1080x675xApollo-Alnac-4G-All-Season-1080x675.jpg.pagespeed.ic.J5jrJHl3xB-1.jpg
  6. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am not sure about all season, but the OEM by Fiat is unidirectional or directional type

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Can you please post a pic.?
  8. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Here you go, Sorry for the dirty tyres, due to the rains at Bangalore in last couple of days

20160818_105606-1.jpg

20160818_105550-1-1.jpg
    PradeepM, Tornado and Turbothinghy like this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico, can you please mention the
    Treadwear, Traction, Temperature ratings mentioned on sidewall?

If possible post a pic of the part of the sidewall displaying the same.
  10. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Here it is, hope this helps,
    20160823_092310-01.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2016 ---
    The traction & temp ratings are all of the highest one (generally based on test report in controlled environments). This means tyres have good wet / dry grip & run cooler at high speeds. The tread wear rating is not bad either.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Tornado and Turbothinghy like this.