1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apollo Tyres - Good Enough?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Dinesh Reddy, Dec 19, 2014.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I changed my Evos tyres instantly from JK to 15 inch Apollo Alnac 4G. I personally feel it is a very good tyre. quite grippy and comfy.

Abdul
  2. G-nik

G-nik Timido

Delhi - NCR
    My Punto has marked 60550 KMS yesterday and I haven't changed my tires once. It came with a factory fitted Apollo Acelere tyres. Now only I started feeling to replace the tires. My punto would be completing 3 years in Nov 2015.

There happened to be only 2-3 punctures with these tires before 55000 KMs and now only last month and this month 2 tires are getting regular punctures. But now I am planning to replace my tires with new ones. I found apollo acelere to be noisy a bit but there built is very strong. I drove almost on good roads, few times had to drive off-road and many times in wet conditions but at any given time apollo worked perfectly. I was always confident while driving, though I can say I am a good driver, not always in a mood to drive risky. Always kept my tire pressures in check. All these conditions helped apollo and me to complete 60K with my punto.

No one believed me and one who believed were very surprized to know that it completed such distance with alloys ON. I never felt on risk anytime but now I will be replacing those as safety is the utmost concern for me, my car and my family. And as now getting frequent punctures I am going to replace it with same brand, same acelere or apollo alnac 4G
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have replaced 2 front tyres of my Punto (ran only 10K kms, replaced related to repairs in an accident), which where Aceleres to Alnac 4G ones. Now I don't get wheel spins on Alnac 4G ones wherever I used to get it on those Aceleres with same tyre pressure. The ride became smooth, more absorbing, more grippy (no special mention required), but has a very slight impact on fuel efficiency say FE dropped for around 1km/L in city with 2 Alnacs. Definitely these are premium tyres.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My Evo 90 HP came with 16'' Alnac 4G tyres and I am pretty happy with them. The only con is the tyre noise which becomes obtrusive on concrete roads.
  5. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello All,

I'm planning change my car (Punto Emotion) tyres in next week.
    After some research I found Apollo Alnacs are good. Please some one tell me the Difference between Alnac 4G and Alnac 4GS.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    My car is riding the Alnac 4G, i have done 16K kms. It definitely is a softer tyre and it shows in the wear. I dont think it will last more than 30K kms judging by the way it has worn at 16K. It is only my guess.

My Evo is an Active version and without the bells and whistles. I can experience the lack of the driver assists now. I often get locked up left side tyre on braking hard. I ve been wondering why and was always thinking it was a tyre deficiency . Well now I have understood that it is not.

The reason the left tyre locks up is because there is no passenger on the left while i drive solo and hence that side there is no weight and there is an imbalance in the front where the unloaded left locks up. It is for this reason that I am missing the ABS and the EBD. So it makes sense to go for versions with such technology assists the next time i buy a car. With technology assists , all tyres are more or less good and one has to look out only for early wear and road noise!

Abdul
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have alnac 4g's on my EVO 90HP. Pretty happy with it. It is slightly on noisier side I feel. But the grip is good. clocked 16K now. Even I feel they will not last more than 30K.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @TFIans riding on Alnac 4G, please post your reviews here.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Alnac 4g is a tough tyre IMO @Tornado . I have clocked 25.5k kms and till now I have only 1 puncture (touch wood). They are noisy no doubt, but excel in other departments and are more suited for our roads.
    PradeepM and KPR like this.
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to that. Only one thing that irritates me is the tyre noise. Otherwise it is excellent considering as a stock given by fiat.
    Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.