1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Apollo Tyres - Good Enough?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Dinesh Reddy, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Dinesh Reddy

Dinesh Reddy Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hey....

I have a quick question?? Linea which i have booked comes with Apollo tyres is it advisable to replace those Tyres with Michelin or OEM tyres are good to use..
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Apollo should be good enough. Apollo Alnac 4G is good comfort tires. Accelere is for more harder compound.
    Else, decide on the price with the tyre dealer and buy Michelin/CPC2.
    ramjn and prabhjot like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Apollo's are a bit on the noisier side, but are more harder. If you are going to crunch some serious miles in the first year of ownership, retain the Apollo. Once 30K are crossed on the odo, think about alternatives based on your experience with the Apollo. I thought Fiat cars still come with Apollo Acceleres and not Alnac, can some one confirm this?
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Yes mine Apr 2014 T-Jet has Accelere and I found them good enough.
    prabhjot and rishike007 like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Dinesh Reddy

Tough to say: tyre choice is a rather subjective matter. BUT: the Apollo-s are fine imo, if they are like the goodyear nct-s my new Linea has, and are way better in their noise characteristics than the goodyear gt3-s the older Linea came with in 2009 when my dad bought his.

Keep active here on TFi, from time to time. Post updates on your purchase and ownership experiences in hyderabad, will ya?

cheers
  6. Dinesh Reddy

Dinesh Reddy Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Great to hear feedback on post-Thanks alot will sure post Ownership experience soon....
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyone using Apollo Alnac 4G tyres ? How good are they when compared to Apollo Acelere .
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have second set of Acelere's in my car which has now run 35k Kms and it is still silent (linealover who is using C Drive always say that my car is more silent :)). It is only a perception that they are noisier. Oh yes, the first set of Acelere's which came with the car was little more noisier than my second set. Apollo may have improved. Not sure. But, Acelere is not noisier at all.
    mangeshtendulkar and prabhjot like this.
  9. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Even i have Accelere on my TJet and i didn't found them noisier. My odo reading is 9500 km
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I do agree that they arent noisier but on tar roads whereas on concrete roads they do sound noisier. This is from my experience in my usual daily office route where there is a section of tarred road and rest are concrete. I can distinctly hear the sudden decrease in the noise levels when going on the freshly laid tarred section. I may be wrong.