1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anything and everything about our PETS!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by wolverine_arnab, Sep 9, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Traditional wisdom says -> One Dog year = 7 Human years. ;)

They do live out all the stages that we humans do from infancy to old age. They just do it quickly, though.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    @wolverine_arnab : your post is making me think in different context now.

3. One more thing I would like to share with you all..

My sis-in-law she is in class VIII,was very lonely(her sisters both are married now),we were in a fix as to what to do to make her feel better...Then we came up with the idea of gifting her a dog,but the main problem was my mom-in-law didnt like dogs at all,they are a strict no-no.For this reason she is scared of coming to Bangalore(that is another story),but my father in law just loves dogs...
    So we gifted her a Pug(we thought if in case my mom-in-law doesnt like it and decides to return it,we would keep her),but you wont believe within a week she has become so fond of her that she doesnt let her go out of her sight even for a single minute now,and the sad part is my sis-in-law doesnt play with it much..But still the brighter side is my mom and father-in-law have got a daughter,who will love them forever...

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Giant huskies are called these,they are larger than the huskies,but are of same breed..
    2 people like this.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    May be a law of attraction, I was just thinking of that Dog for last few days, and Arnabs post came with a dog of same breed !! :)
  5. Here is the story of Mogi,he was 7.5 years old as on 2nd of October 2011.

His kidney's failed we tried a lot to save him but burning up lot of money time,love and 20 days of paid leave also did not save him.

He passed away en route to hospital in my punto's back seat.I read a lot of philosophy I might have come across a statement "any bondage ultimately brings pain" but experienced only two times in my life first one was with demise of Mogi and second one was my mother on july 9th 2012.

I fully support Gujinder for his quote about toy.
    -Sat

View attachment Ph0t0(108).jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
    3 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^sat, i remember very well you didn't come to one of the TFI bangalore meets because your Mogi had just passed away
  7. 4 people like this.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Candy!!!!

I was and am an avid dog lover right from my childhood. In a family of four, I was the only one who loved pets and always used to bring home stray pups, but ultimately had to send them back from where they belonged. I always longed for owning a pet dog. This dream of mine was fulfilled when I got home Candy, a Golden Retriever from a dog owner who was giving away the pups for adoption. My parents din't knew that I was planning to get this pup. I spoke to the owner to keep the pup for few days after he was ready to give it away as we were supposed to be out of station for a week for my brother's marriage. I came back earlier than my parents stating a cause that I had to be at work. I got Candy and was at home with it for 2 days before my parents arrived.

The door of my room was closed as I went downstairs to help my parents with luggage. My mom came and opened the door of my room and there comes the little baby running towards my mom's feet wagging its tail and my mom got her big surprise and was bowled over by its cuteness. I din't had to try hard, cause my parents knowing my love for dogs decided that I was not going to let it go this time.

My brother was working at Pune and my parents had to go there to stay with him. Later that I year I got married and bought a new apartment and had to move there. My wife, who was not fond of dogs much, was still studying at that time and it became difficult for us to take proper care of it. One of my colleuges came forward to adopt it and I had to depart from it with a very heavy heart. Unfortunately I lost contact with my colleuge and have been ever since trying to find out his contact number. But I always wish whole heartedly, that wherever my Candy is, she should be happy.

Here are few pics of her .....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
    8 people like this.

9. I feel very very bad about both your losses...May Mogi's soul RIP....This is the most hardest part of owning a pet,they love us with their life,even though they have a very short life span they fill everyday with joy..this feeling is priceless...only a pet lover can understand....

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I am lucky on this part as my wife(she is studying now) loves dogs and equally helps me to take care of Misty and Euro...
    And I after completing B.tech was thinking of going abroad for higher studies,but that seems impossible now...Lets see what life has in store for us...

Candy is lucky to be adopted by your friend,hope she is very happy there...
  10. DSC04862.jpg

That's Milo,he simply loves travelling by car....he has done more than 12k kms till now with us...He is very expressive and lets us know when and what he wants...even in hotels where ever we stayed with him there was not a single complaint from his side..Miss him a lot..
    3 people like this.