1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anything and everything about our PETS!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by wolverine_arnab, Sep 9, 2012.

1. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

They both makes me happy and tense free when I Cme back from my hectic schedule in office....the pure and unconditional love they have for me is superb

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
  2. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Murphy_Fiat, bharath and Bala like this.
  3. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

That's why we called him Laadla as he used to cover himself with my blanket and like to sit on sofa

4. Bala

Bala Esperto

But Puneet
    a humble request,do not chain your dog.
    Even the two Lhassapsos at our home sleep only on our cot and not without a pillow and sit only on sofas
    one even prefers to pee only on the cot and sofa:(
    1 person likes this.
  5. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Strongly agree with u however my laadla is free all the time to roam in my house Bt black lab is not allowed as he is very naughty

6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Seems to be this thread was last updated last March.Lets keep this lovely thread running now and then :p. My swimming pets are below!
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Good tank Bharath, the backgroud really gives a great underwater effect. Would you mind mentioning the fish types you have.

I had lots of expensive and heavy natural gravel (in various colours) which was given away to some enthusiastic cousins along with the tank when the fishes died. :( That was when I was a kid. Ofcourse, I did not know jack about taking care of fish then. After the initial enthusiasm as a kids, suddenly the small gold fishes died all too early in few days before we could understand what was happening. Maybe we overfed them and did not take enough care of the tank chemistry, sheerly out of lack of knowledge.

Also, I see the recent surge in fish tanks is due to all recent belief fads of Feng Shui etc. which attracted some to buy expensive fishes like Aurowana and Oscar etc. Are these fishes still in demand for such reasons ?
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Simpleson ,Thanks.Good to see that you are interested in fishes. Just like anyone ,it was all started for me from the childhood with all these goldfish,guppies,angle fish,mollies in a small tank.Time grew up ,I went job and the tank grew as well :D.I would share some of what I learned through internet and people.Some random points.

1)I have 4 parrot fishes ,2 tiger Oscars and two Silver dollars in this 55 gallon tank.They are still not grown up adults and would certainly by the end of this year.This is a decent size to start with for this kind of TERRITORIAL fishes (In simple ,they call these types as hard fishes and those what we grew up in our early days are the soft types -they just eat and swim. No hardcore fights)
    2)Spending will not stop in these kind of areas just like the bike/car stuffs.So staying at a limit is always a good idea since fishes might die overnight and would cause a whole lot of depression for some days.I had some good learning experience not to get overexcited and buy this and that :p.
    3)Keeping in small bowls is not at all a good idea.Water would turn up dirt pretty quickly ,Oxygen depletion( cant fit a motor in a bowl) and atlast they need some good space to swim afterall we are caging them but atleast lets cage generously ;).
    4)Reasons of sudden death: Oxygen depletion,overfeeding (2 or 3 times depends on the fish type-should be just adequate),Water contamination,uneven combination of fish families leading to fights ,diseases ( I ve no idea about this ::O ).
    5)Finally ,I have no belief in all these believes.I found have gone for a HONDA if I had believed this believing crowd :uh. Before that ,I love the pleasant,cool looking fishes rather than the horror,terror looking villans (Arowana,Piranhas,flowerhorn except oscars) .These fishes are always in a demand and targeted/bought mainly for the business people who think that it would bring lot of money,glory,fame,blah blah.They are so costly anyway for a common man to buy.

To start a fish tank right from scratch wont demand much knowledge but just some basics.A right size tank,right count&combination of fishes (that depends on the size of tank anyway), right gravels (white is my choice and definitely not blue/violet/multi colour combination) ,oxygen cum water filter motor ,limited toys (one or two -some put all the things that they don't need in the tank :eek:) and of course Good water(Not the chlorinated,dirt or muddy) and the right food/amount of feed (depending on the fish types).

Below are some of the link to kindle back your chemistry:These are some of the hard fishes with which we cannot mix these goldfishes,guppies and those sort of types as the former would just swallow the later :D.

Parrot Fish:

Oscar: (I think this does not t come under Vasthu or Feng Shui or whatever that stuff is ;))

Green Terror: (I may get one shortly)

For some peace :p:

There are much in youtube. Ahh ,these fishes and fiats are mesmerizing.All the best :p.
    2 people like this.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Nice tank Barath.
    A word of caution,when you marry,the first question you should ask is if she likes pets, or else she would throw you too In this tank :(
    Simpleson,an easy fish which will never dies, needs least attention,very colourful and live long is Koi karp, very cheap too.You can start all over again with these.Yes, gold fishes dies very soon.The latest fish I have bought is a beta/fighter which needs no oxygen, care and needs just a feed of 5 pellets only once in a day.
    3 people like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Dear Friends,
    Since yest eve a lab dog lost his way/escaped from his home n unfortunaetly doesnt hav tag. Have been calling few NGO like krupa, cupa, peopleforanimals etc., since morning. No much luck yet who cited loopholes in rules n denied any help.
    You owners who care the least. Do u abandone ur kids like this?? Grrrr.....

Any other places v can luk for help?