1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anything and everything about our PETS!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by wolverine_arnab, Sep 9, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Lucky... The love bird found by my brother at back side of our home in panvel.

vajygymu.jpg

pyma2yga.jpg

u4ajarej.jpg

5u9ujy4u.jpg

mygemepe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Aquarium pets ...I love feeding them always

DSC_6880.jpg DSC_6353.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Rishkie, it's just not a love bird, looks like an expensive African love bird, most likely a Peach face, , would cost more than Rs.1300.
    Looks like it has escaped from the cage.It's very young. Buy a partner and you can have it for another 20 years.
    1 person likes this.
  4. I always get this question.
    We had small pomararian companion dog. I could play with him some time he would bite me hard but,nothing would happen.
    This helped us to know his temperament and some burst in excitement or anger would not make us to run to a doctor.

But with bigger dogs how you folks manage?
    I have seen big dogs have little more patience but,when he/she gets angry bites it might need a doctors attention?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have two bigs dogs - A lab and a GSD. The lab is a very friendly soul. I haven't ever seen him growl in all the 7+ years he has been with me. He will pretty much let you do whatever you want with him and still wag his tail and be happy. The GSD is a bit tempermental. If she is upset, she will just go lie down in a corner and ignore you. If she is happy and playful, she will grab your hand in her mouth, sometimes, but will never clamp her jaws so hard as to cause injury. I have seen her growl and even get into fights with other dogs, but she has not growled at us yet :D

Having said that, generally, if the dog is healthy and is vaccinated regularly, then washing,cleaning and dressing the wound should be sufficient. If one wants to be extra cautious, then a shot of anti-tetanus will do no harm.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I have literally grown up with big dogs always around. First there was a Doberman, then a German Shepherd and now there is a Pitbull at home. None of them has ever bitten any of us. Even when playing I would put my hand in their mouths or even hold their tongues and they wouldn't let their teeth touch my skin. The Pitbull, the most misunderstood dog in the whole world, is the same. I can wrestle him to the ground, beat him up playfully etc and he just keeps playing. When I brush his teeth, no issues with me opening up his jaw with my hands.

They just need love ,understanding and respect. Once you understand their nature, they are yours.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad

+1 to Paaji....

I have a Rottweiller... We have named him "Leo"...

After Pitbull, rottweiller is second most misunderstood dog in the world. They have highest bite force among all breeds of dog.

I too open his jaws with hands... brush his teeth... put my hand in his mouth... even give medication pills of Deworming or something down his throat by my hand... but It never bites me...
    He is 1 yr. old now... Very Active, loving and Playful with me... Ferocious to strangers... Though he is one master dog and obey my commands but never hurt other family members...

I will post the pics soon.

Cheers... :up

Neel
    3 people like this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Oh well, Brute must've gotten an injury yesterday and thanks to some fly or two the wound turned into a maggot infested one. Was out the whole day yesterday so didn't notice it till today morning.

Used Magrid spray , Neosporin powder and the miraculous Himax ointment and he is on his way to recovery now. I picked out all the tiny maggots from the wound. Magrid spray killed them all quite fast.

To all pet owners - Keep the above, especially Magrid or D'Mag spray and Himax ointment at home always. These are life saving things. There is no ointment for wounds better than Himax.

On another note, as always, Brute never says anything while I tend to his wounds. I had to squeeze the wound slightly to remove the maggots and still he didn't say anything. Pitbulls are dangerous dogs? yeah right ! :rolleyes:

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Here are some...

This is on first day when I brought him home in Car... He was approx 35-40 days old...
    He made himself comfy :p
    image.jpg

Very attentive On the Second day :)
    image (1).jpeg

Playful, Eager and Anxious
    image (4).jpg

Little bit sad and lonely or may be lazy and tired after all day long playing
    image (2).jpeg

image (3).jpeg

This is when he was approx 4-5 months old...
    image (5).jpg

When he was 7-8 months old...
    image (7).jpeg

On Completing 1 year of companionship.... Few days back...
    image (6).jpg

image.jpg

Cheers... :up

Neel
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    7 people like this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Please don't tie the dog and chain it.
    In our house it is the other way round.Our dogs pushes my Dad out of his bed to the floor and it sleeps in the matress.
    Strange thing with Lhassapsos, they don't sleep without a pillow!