1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anything and everything about our PETS!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by wolverine_arnab, Sep 9, 2012.

1. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    ohhh no.I never expected this kind of analysis::T..They were taken from my street (born to street dog), raised by us in our bachelor's room and later gave to adoption (Human Animal Society of Coimbatore) some months back ! Buddy ,we better stop here and I am afraid that I am moving this thread to somewhere !

PROOF OF CONCEPT :): (Hey ,Is the mother itself is of Chinese Origin:confused1...just kidding)
    DSC_0832.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All of them are "Indian Pariah Dog", popularly known as The Indian Native Dog (INDog). The original coat is fawn and white. Other colours are due to cross breeding and are known as mongrel. They are considered to be one of the most adaptable breeds in the world, as there are very few changes from the fossil remains of their ancestors.

@Bharath - It is heart warming to see a fellow life-lover. Awesome. Pains me a bit to see those birds in a cage, though. Please do not start a new thread. We already have one thread where we discuss about our pets - linked here. Does not look like it from the pictures, but nevertheless, please do not breed those dogs. Get them spayed, ASAP. I know quite a few folks professing to be dog lovers, but keep dogs confined in their houses, purely for breeding and making money.

@Bala - Please do not flame me for pointing to an existing thread and requesting not to open a new thread. Nothing high handed buddy. Just trying to keep the place tidy.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Rajan for the information and concern ! I would move to the existing thread.Sorry that I was not aware about it:(
    Reg Dogs ,I dont do breeding actually and since we live as bachelors here ,we took these puppies from our street ,fed those for sometime and later gave it to an adoption campaign..
    Reg birds, I understand caging is not the right way but just not able to skip my interest ....I have to come out of this particular thing though..I accept !
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is a very noble gesture. Hats off to you. Go one more step and get them spayed, before giving for adoption. That way, you are giving them a couple of years longevity :D

Talking of birds, I once adopted an owl chick, which my Labrador found. She would sit on my shoulder and eat shredded chicken I fed her with a pair of tweezers. The happiest day in my life was the day I set her free, when I was sure she could fly. Hope it was the happiest day in her life too :D

Here she is:

6729_120350621278_671015_n.jpg

Rajan
    6 people like this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh, so sweet about the little puppies Bharath.
    You have a big heart.
    I too have 2 lhassapsos(not breeding,2 pairs of finches(one pair is breeding and all the 3 little ones died, I do not know why, may be because they share the same cage as cocktails),3 pairs of Cocktails(2 pairs breeding, one small just out of the nest and 5 big ones flew away while opening the cage to feed),2 pairs of african lovebirds, strangely one of the peach face pair chose a blue mask as it's partner and has laid 4eggs and another peach face chose sun conure and is cosying up to start a family,3 water bodies full of fishes from guppies, to sharks to koi carps.Besides these there are a large number of squeril families and rat families too:(.I feed and keep a water basin for street dogs too and a water bowl for other birds.
    I have a different opinion on caging the birds, I do not dissaprove, because these little birds would not survive otherwise amongst the likes of eagles(one eagle even visited our house looking if it could break the cages)
    Continue with your feeding various animals and birds with a big heart Bharath
    2 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If the lions and tigers stopped killing prey, because we started protecting the prey, they would probably die of starvation. Nature created a food chain in all it's wisdom. Who are we to break that?

My two cents.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    The adoption campaign was organised by Humane Animal Society -Coimbatore ,a non profit private trust who does this on a monthly basis ---> :::: welcome to Humane Animal Society (HASINDIA) ::::
    We got couple of oppertunities to find the puppies -one from our street (11 puppies:eek:) and the other from a cricket ground(7 puppies this time).The only two active participants from our room were me and my friend Mugilan and the rest were just onlookers :(( blame their brought up).The puppies were raised until they were quite active and later given for adoption conducted by HAS where deworming and vaccination done before giving to the public(later the operation would be done by then after some months) .Finally, it was nice time for us both to volunteer,to see nice people ,the way they care (Suddenly became a learner in many aspects) and that was a divine experience I can never forget !

From Our Street:
    DSC_0818.jpg

The below puppies found in the cricket ground were tryng to hide under the pitch roller due to hot weather ! They seemed to be brought up in a sack ! Atleast those morons untied the sack and left the puppies on the ground.The other guy is my friend Mugilan.
    DSC_1495.jpg

Resting Time @house(The cricket ground puppies)
    DSC_1506.jpg

The event called "ADOPT-A-THON":)
    DSC_1509.jpg

I Would Continue this with more pictures! Sending the pictures from mobile to mail is just killing me..Take care Rajan and Bala (No more fights on caging:)--lol I started it:rolleyes:)..Moving from office to home :evilsmile...
    5 people like this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh my God, unbelievable and there are men like you Bharath and that is why it still rains.For all your selfless gestures and care God will certainly bless you with a good wife just like you have been blessed with a good car (but do not forget to ask a very important question to the would be bride, no, not if she knows cooking but if she likes animals and birds!)
    You work till very late at night and still find time to take care of those under privileged.
    No,myself and Rajan have called truce.After all we are not fighting for the Delhi CM post you know!
    Again, lovely puppies.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Rajan, that picture of Owl is beautiful, certainly of contests standard.
    2 people like this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Came across this little girl last Tuesday morning,and she was abandoned by some human,as she was trying to chase each and every possible soul around,as i was on my morning jog,the poor thing chased me for about a km,before she was tired,and dropped huffinf and puffing;crying.Came back home,but just couldn't get her cries off my mind,picked my car and drove back in search of her,and as expected ,spotted her chasing people,and no one cared.Picked her up,drove back home fed her with milk and biscuits,and put her in the outhouses,from where she escaped,never to be found again.
    IMG_0760.jpg
    9 people like this.
  10. Indian pariah dogs are typically medium-sized and have yellow to rust-colored coats. Indian feral dogs are thought to be the ancestral stock of Australian Dingo. Although a 2004 Swedish study of mitochondrial DNA found that dingoes originated from southern China, not from India,[SUP][1][/SUP] more recent genetic research (2013) on aboriginal DNA seems to support the conclusion, that sea-farers from India brought their dogs to Australia 4000 years ago and these constituted the ancestral population of the dingo.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP]
    2 people like this.