1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anything and everything about our PETS!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by wolverine_arnab, Sep 9, 2012.

1. +1 to gurjinder paajis advice..
    You should even consider adopting stray dogs or dogs from dog shelters...they deserve love...me as a pet lover should have done the same but I got two best pets in the world(I even looked at some ngo run pet shelters)..
    The moment you see a dog(from pet shelter or breeder) and you feel there is some connection between you both, you should take it..
    One advice buddy see to it you shouldnt neglect it under any circumstances...once you bring it to your family its a part of your family, so treat it like one...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Please consider the following before getting a dog:

1. A dog is a living being and not a toy
    2. If you do not have time for a dog, do the dog a favour and do not bring it home
    3. A dog's life span is much shorter than us humans. So, be prepared to see your dog pass on
    4. Dogs need lot of exercise and space to run around, especially the larger breeds. So do not get one if you live in an apartment complex
    5. Dogs are not meant to be leashed up. So they need to be able to move freely as much as possible

Sorry. I know that my post so far has been harsh. But I felt it is necessary for you to know what you are getting into, as this is your first dog.

Having said that, get a puppy around 6 weeks old, but definitely not less than 4 weeks old. A 6 month old GSD is quite hard to train. In 6 months, the GSD would have grown to almost 80% of adult size and can be very difficult to manage, especially if not house broken. A vast majority of people who got a GSD and wants to sell in 6-8 months have gotten into it without knowing, found it very tough and have ill treated the dog as a result. The dog will most likely be traumatized and will carry some trauma all their life. I got my Labrador when he was 3 months old. He was bought as a birthday gift to a little girl, kept leashed all the time, was not toilet trained. To make matters worse, the girl mother once lost her cool and kicked him, so that he came tumbling down the stairs. It took me all of one year to get him to shake off his fear of stairs.

If you need a guard dog and also have kids in the house, then GSD is the best fit. If you are keen on breeding, get a lineage certificate, make sure that there is no inbreeding for at least 3 generations, the parents are registered with KCI, the litter also gets registered with KCI and a microchip is issued for your pup. I personally am against breeding. One of the primary reasons I bought a female pup and got her spayed. The dog will live a bit longer.

If breeding is not in the agenda, I think Gurjinder has given you the best possible advise already. No matter what breed, the dog will love you all the same.

All the best.

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks for all the inputs and quick responses. Will try to get the one which connects to me and give good love n care to be part of my family.
    1 person likes this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    As others have advised, try not to encourage these breeders. Have a look at the local shelter or call blue cross. I'm sure many dogs are there waiting to get adopted. Many breed dogs also come for adoption every now and then due to stupidity of the owners:( Try to give a home to these beauties.

Check out some facebook pages of blue cross and other ngos

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.483302268391996.1073741829.242914125764146&type=1

Even a pug is there for adoption in bangalore
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    I wish i could have had one by this time...but because my mom is not interested in maintaining it becoz im a frequent traveller

I love the way they respond during my visits to my uncle's place
  6. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    I have seen people proudly taking their dog on a leash for evening walks. Most of them sadly are over weight, flabby and I am sure they dont have a bit of an exercise and live in flats where they have little opportunity for any exercise. I have even seen a Rottweiler like that!!!
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Nice pictures Bharath, please start a Pet thread, an ardent pet lover(especially dog lover) here.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Ahhhhhhhh.I would love to do that.So where to start with ? Either dogs or Guinea pigs or Pigeons or love birds or finches or fishes and what not..
    Bala ,Can I really start a Pet thread in this Fiat world or you jsut kidding.But thanks anyway for letting my other interest to pour here :up..Let me post some more pics and stop here !I better not to do :hijacked...

Motta Boss::V
    DSC_0931.jpg

INDIAN ORIGINS ONLY
    :up
    Now.jpg

Boso Novo White;-):
    DSC_0563.jpg

I have got many COLOURS than FIAT::V:
    Cage3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    9 people like this.
  9. Thwy are not indian but from south china,brown one is the original breed.it is called pariah other colored ones are called mongreal.i might be wrong in spelling.