1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anyone thinking about the RE Continental GT?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Pulsars have been acting as Ball crushers since more than a decade now ;)
    On the CGT,you sit far from the tank and that gives you enough space to save yourself :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. You have a point Rajan, Pulsars too have similar design.
  3. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are you sure on warranty period just 9000 Kms ... Have heard that the reason for not giving O2 sensors is basically a price margin... Its said that the bike
    price will shoot up if O2 sensors are fitted in Indian Market which may become a reason for decrease in sale for RE.. This is definitely a bike which will do well
    in terms of numbers...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Should be fine. The recline forward is a LOT and the private parts are not in touch with the tank once the rider is in position. When the rider has a frontal collision, the rider will be flung forward over the tank rather than into the tank.

Akshay, super! Royal Motors Ambala has a bike and the "legendary" Manmohan Autos does not. #fail.

Cheers.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes 1year/9,000km's .That is what the sales guy told me.

I'll never understand why they didn't give the Indian bikes O2 sensors. It's like EFI with handcuffs. Sure it can use it's hands but in a limited way. A couple thousand bucks more would not have hurt the potential GT customer, who is already spending 2 lakhs on the bike. I reckon Yamaha do the same on the R115 ( or is it 125?).

With the feedback from the O2 sensor and the ECU taking full advantage of it, you could have perfect fueling in all conditions and resulting better performance. But, we gotta go to the EU/USA to experience that. :)

Cheers.
  5. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    I took delivery of my GT last thursday.. loving every bit of riding it .. till now FE returned 20kmpl
    Will post some pics soon!
    3 people like this.
  6. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Congratulations for the GT Halfclutch. Eagerly waiting for the pics and rest of the details like buying experience, on-road cost, accessories etc.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    guys!! those who owns this motorcycle please read this carefully... if you hear a hissing sound from the front disc brakes (as if the brakes are always applied) please take it to the service center and get it sorted, my GT had this issue and i did report this to at the first service however no action was taken on it and neither did i bother to follow up.. now the serious part of the story.. two days back my friend was riding my GT and the front brakes jammed:eek: and the bike stopped on the spot and he fell on the road he was lucky enough not to get hurt bad.. so guys please keep this thing in mind and get it checked.
    3 people like this.
  8. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    I had visited the showroom a couple of weeks back for a test ride. Unfortunately, there was no GT available for test ride as the sales rep said, it was crashed by some customer :eek:. Nevertheless, I really liked the bike. Had a thorough look at it and read quite a few reviews and articles and I am convinced. Although, a test ride will be better but I have pretty much fallen for it. Having owned an enfield in the past (lightning 535), I very well know how it feels to own one, though both these bikes are a of different breed but they are enfield at heart and that is what matters. However, there are a few things I need to know. I would really appreciate comments from people who have expertise on the following. Please bear with me as I have very limited knowledge about this.

1.) Would I be able to source an exhaust with an O2 sensor in India? The reason I ask is because, I believe that the GT's that are exported to UK are fitted with it. If a customer is willing to pay that extra bit, I think they should make it available. Would it need an ECU tweak as well?

2.) Approximately, how much do you think a person will have to shell out for the above?

3.) Do you think we can fit a dual exhaust on the GT. Not sure if it comes with to exhaust ports. It would look really look great on the bike.