1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anyone here upgraded from WagonR to Punto or Avvy?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Dec 31, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Aniket,

I see that you have already made the decision :), its good to notice that the decision was based on multiple factors involved, after taking sufficient time. As mentioned earlier too as long as the car parked in your basement keeps you happy, nothing else matters.
    All the best and do keep us informed on the color and the final OTR price of the SCROSS after the discounts.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    manjunathkl likes this.
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast

Will take a final call next week.
    S Cross seating is upright like WagonR and specifications seem similar to the European S Cross except for extra air bags. It's the only maruti car I can trust to be safe.
    Fiat would have been better VFM but maybe this is not the time to buy a fiat. Maybe when WagonR is to be replaced we can buy a second hand EVo which no one has put up for sale yet.
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @manjunathkl . MAte S Cross is nothing but Fiat Sedici. Please google. The build is much better than any other Maruti. They may have made some changes for the Indian version but still way better than any other Maruti or Hyundai. Its surely better than the new Figos as well.

@Aniket Dessai I would suggest to go for the 1.6 MJD model. We may never ever get to drive that fantastic engine again. With Fiat shelving the 1.5 engine production which was to be derived from 1.6 MJD not sure how long Maruti is going to use the 1.6 as it increases the price too much. With discounts galore you may be able to get your hands on the S Cross 1.6 for mouth watering prices only if you can stretch your budget a slight more.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just check Ford's. If any old model Figos are in stock. In case you fear for ASS of Fiat then ford may be a good choice.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    No doubt, the previous generation Ford Figo (diesel) was a gem; but I wouldn't buy a discontinued car as 'Brand new'. May be its just me; but I don't want to be that odd man out - 'Driving a Brand New Old Car'.

I would only do this, if there was no better car available than Old Gen Figo (Which fortunately isn't the case). Anyhow I guess, you have eyed S-Cross. Do get 1.6; its a hoot to drive
  6. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @nibedk It's difficult to stretch the budget further. The difference with 1.6 is close to 3 lakhs. Is it that much required? I guess 1.3 will pull fine considering it weighs same as Punto. Will see how much discounts are available on 1.6.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016 ---
    @KPR I would not consider Ford since even it has just one service center. I'd rather go for fiat between those two.
  7. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I was buying a bouquet enroute to a relatives birthday today. A lady came in with a linea. I couldn't stop myself asking her about the car. Asked her about the service center.
    She said she owns two lineas in two colours. The service is also not problematic. They found an ex employee who is now their go to guy for post free service servicing.
    Now I'm in a dilemma again. Why to give up on FIAT.
  8. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @Aniket Dessai your profile pic itself is the Fiat logo, which 'hopefully' signifies you love fiat.

So why do you love a girl and marry someone else, then keep loving the girlfriend?? would'ne you miss her everytime you go out with the new wife??

hope you got my point.

You can Wait to know 'if' any good sign is there in the auto expo.
  9. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @adisrini1103 But my case is an arrange marriage. My parents don't like the the girls family. :D
    Trying to convince.
    adisrini1103 likes this.