1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anyone here upgraded from WagonR to Punto or Avvy?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    They do, and really well (for me so far). My both girls, Palio and TJet+, have been treated with parts from 99 rpm.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    What kind of parts did u get? Is each and every part available? Punto Evo isn't listed there.
    My Uncle want able to find rear light assembly for years in the localmarket.Maybe he should have tried there.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 7, 2016 ---
    For palio
  3. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Subhendusc @Pradeepms @Tornado @limraj @Baibhaw Kumar U guys moved from alto / wagonr to Punto/ linea. How do u guys compare the gearboxes in those cars. Is the fiat gearbox at least smoother and accurate slotting compared to last decades maruti cars?
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    I have a alto 2003(@ home town) and a linea as my personal vehicle; I never faced any issue with slotting gear(s) in either of vehicle and never faced any issue or adapting time (for slotting gears). I don't know, what rubbery gear shift mean; and neither i'm too sensitive to minor adaptability while driving cars.
    Once i adjust seat position to my liking & get hold of clutch play / travel; I don't find difficulty in driving any car. May be i'm insensitive or over adjusting ;)
    manjunathkl likes this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have no issues with either gear box. They slot to wherever I want. I have not changed anything related to gears(other than regular oil changes and associated things) for my 11.5 years old wagonR (1.1L kms, approx) or nearing 3 years Linea (71k kms).
    I really don't understand why people crib about Linea's gear box.
  6. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai I agree with @metal_heart . I donot understand the meaning of rubbery gears. My last car was Wagon R with which I had traveled about 1.0 lakh km. I am driving Avvy for 3 months and have clocked 3000 km. I still have a old maruti Zen. I have driven petrol cars of Maruti from 1996 starting with 800 , Omni , Swift.
    To me , my sitting position is most important. The gear shift of Avvy / Fiat maybe is little longer than that of Maruti. But to me it doesn't matter. Gear shifts happen naturally when driving a car.
    Why some car magazines shout about rubbery gear shifts is beyond my knowledge.
  7. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I've decided to take the test drive of S Cross and Avventura again in the coming days. Buying fiat might be a risky option in Goa. I think S Cross would be the least risk option. Will go for the 90HP version in third trim. Hopefully a 1 lakh rupees discount will be applied. Car itself is supposed to be very stable. Build is better than standard marutis. After all its a fiat engineered car. The stable chassis is a characteristic of fiat and not suzuki. The engine is same which powers the Punto and it weighs the same as Punto too. Hopefully nobody crashes into us from the side as that's where the safety compromise has been made.
    Will take the final decision next week mostly.
  8. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    @Aniket Dessai
    SCross is a well engineered car no doubt. It is actually next gen of SX4 hatchback version. I don't think there is any similarity between S-Cross and SX4. Fiat has nothing to do with SCross. Hence fiat build cannot be expected. Also, be aware that Maruti products service interval is 10K Kms and Fiats 15K Kms. So, you might spend more money on Maruti cars thinking you are spending less.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Ideally gear box of Petrol car shouldn't be compared with diesel bcoz both are controlled by separate type of clutch.

In my both the wagonR s, I felt that there was some (though not a big issue ) problem while engaging reverse gear (some time it use to get stuck momentarily ), rest everything was five.

Avventura gear box is excellent. After driving Skoda Rapid MT & AT, Vento MT for long distance, me felt Linea & Avventura gearshift, clutch & engine smoothness & suspension are way better than Vento & Rapid leave aside Marutis . Only better part of VAG engine as compared to Linea & Avventura is lesser turbo lag during first two gears, from 3 rd gear onwards Avventura /Linea wins hands down.

While choosing Scross, please compare ride quality, steering experience & suspension on bumpy & potholed roads roads with that of Linea because after few thousand kms, this is what matters.
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Linea Tjet is also in the same price range and is a car without any faults. Looks really really good. After sales issue is weighing down on our decision. Fiat just isn't starting an exclusive showroom and I can't trust the current dealer who has a strong Tata network as his main business.