1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anyone here upgraded from WagonR to Punto or Avvy?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Aniket Dessai Folks in this forum also have the same question. Whether Fiat will stay or abandon. Whatever they do spares should be available for 10-12 years. The spares for regular wear and tear of the diesel punto/avventura should not be a problem. There are people in India who still own a Palio and there are taxi drivers in Mumbai who still putter around in a Premier Padmini. So spares should be available in the worst case. Its a question of leap of faith. I took a leap of faith recently and there are more people in this forum who have bought Fiat cars and love them. Having said that I see a lot of Fiat cars in Chennai roads and there are couple of good/decent service centers here. But how it would be in Goa and if there are good service centers nearby or in and around Goa is a call you have to take.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  2. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Aniket Dessai, do take your call before March, i e, before revision of taxes. IMO you might have missed the most lucrative offers of December by now.
  3. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai Do people in Goa have BMW and Audi ? How many service centers they have? In whole of West Bengal (size and population wise i suppose it is approx 5 times of Goa) Fiat till recently had only 1 dealer, now they have two dealers.
    If Fiat had the intention of leaving Indian market , they would have left in 2008-10 , when they were at the helm of the crisis after breaking away from Tata with service centers.
    Service center of Fiat was a problem from day 1 as they were always in collaboration with someone in India. But still it is doing buisness from Padmini days.
    Now , Fiat is alone , and that gives us a hope , that servicing will be better.

If servicing is your main USP , then there is nothing better than Maruti. Even after selling my Wagon R , I get regular calls from the Maruti Service center regarding servicing.
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I moved from Zen(petrol) to Punto(diesel) ... And am loving it....
    Yeah some times i miss that push and smoothness of petrol.. But overall am happy with my punto..
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Desai: Bro, I guess you have done a lot of research already :D Follow your heart and go for it. if you still have questions, then you are just wasting your time. You have one life, make it large by deciding well.

Fiat ain't going anywhere, infact the Jeeps are coming :)

Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP is an honest product that is fun to drive and provides great value for your buck as well. The safety aspect is also brilliant.

BTW I moved from Maruti A-Star (which is one of the better cars that Maruti has ever manufactured IMO) and Maruti Esteem to my Punto. Apart from the city peppiness of the Maruti cars, I dont miss anything, in fact Punto is a far better product with brilliant road manners.
  6. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yeah:shame:. I have done an awful lot of research. Had to walk off the fiat dealer at the last moment after SC doubts became a big issue. Had decided the colour too. Now I feel I should have taken it.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Have you already made a decision? If yes, please share.
  8. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Can you guys help to pile up pressure on Fiat to get an exclusive dealership in Goa. Maybe use twitter. They have been saying that they would open something exclusive but no info on it yet. Neighboring states have many but in Goa none. A big noticeable dealership will attract better buyers. Current one is smaller than our neighboring grocery store. Seriously ? A brand who owns Ferrari has to sell their cars through such small outlets?
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Aniket, from what I read and understood the dealerships might further shrink around the country, to allow better business and more margins as these cars hardly sell.
    The logic is simple, why would the dealer want to move to a bigger premises and shell out more rent when he is not making money.
    Sorry state of affairs, but this is the truth.
    We did send emails to FIAT not to close Ankitha Motors here in Hyderabad, it did not have any effect and the dealership stands closed.
    Somehow the dealers keep saying they are moving to a better place, but it eventually boils down to profits. AV Motors here has been informing us at least from an year or more that their showroom is being moved to a more upmarket area than where they are currently, and I haven't seen anything in that direction so far.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Have you guys tried 99rpm.com ? Do they really send spares?