1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anyone here upgraded from WagonR to Punto or Avvy?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    30 km/week was when I was learning to drive. That is expected to become 150km or more power week. Add to that 1500 or more for father.
    Diesel would be the right choice.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Uptill now we have owned two wagon R s since last 10 years. Now, the wagon R is sold out & is replaced by Avventura Emotion Diesel. Yes, mefeels Avventura is perfect upgrade for Wagon R,as most of our roads are bumpy. My father who used the Wagon R for 5 years, is more than happy with driving pleasure, suspension of the Avventura.
    However, if you were happy with the ground clearance of Wagon R (165mm), Punto (185 mm GC ) is more than enough for you.

You mean 1500 km /week or month ?, if yes, then it has to be diesel Punto or Avventura.
  3. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Month
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2016 ---
    @Tornado
  4. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai I drove Wagon R Lxi for 7.0 long years before upgrading to Avventura.

The driving quality is far different.
    With Wagon R any speed over 90 kmph would have been a little burden on the Engine as the engine noise used to change . With Avvy , 90 + is something the engine enjoys.

The ground grip of Avvy is more better than Wagon R
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
  6. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    When you say, scrap the model; how long OR what time period you are referring to. If you are referring to time period of, more than 5 year(s), I don't find it apt logic then.

Also, not many cars have been scrapped in initial 2-3 year(s) of their launch ; and this being maruti, be comforted for the fact that parts availability would not be an issue
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai I donot know about Tornado , but My reasons are very clear. You have read my postings in other thread also. .
    Initially I was looking for a big car and a car where self driving is a delight. I came up to Lodgy. Its a beautiful car. Only drawback is a low GC , and a high price of 12.0 + on road. The other drawback I felt was its length of 4.5 m is difficult in a city like kolkata for day to day trip. Ertiga - is an useless 7 seater . The other cars which satidfies my GC requirement and have minimum 7 seats are Xylo and its siblings , Sumo , Scorpio , etc. But these cars are fun in riding and not driving. I love to drive and not to ride. So left the idea of 7 seater. Then came Duster , S Cross, Creata , Ecosport and Avventura. Duster mid variant is approx 13.0 + on road and is the best on road. But I did not have so much fund.
    WIth Avvy you can have 3 adults + 1 child at the back . But with Punto and Wagon R it is not possible
  8. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Isn't avventura just taller? What differences are there sort from that from Punto Evo?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 5, 2016 ---
    I have tried to flood fiat India's Twitter account requesting tem to open up a better dealership in Goa.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Avventura can't be said tall or short, it is just perfect for 5f 11inchers, you need not climb up or down but simply get in or get out.
    . Also Punto has got perfect ingress or egress as compared to other hatches in the same same segment, however Avventura is better than punto in this department.
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Tornado Where are you from? After sales support remains the biggest issue for me in Goa. I don't know whether Fiat will grow or do even worse in India. Is there a chance that they might completely abandon its cars in India? Since the car will stay for about 10-15 more years with us this is a crucial part of the decision making.
    I have until 15th Jan to respond to the 67,000 off offer on Punto Evo Sport.