1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anyone has A/C trouble with a brand new Linea 1.4 TJet?

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by wannabe-fiat-ian, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Wannabe, I completely understand your point. Probably i must have been a bit more eloborate. I opioned that you can pick a car from the yard if it matches your desired color and in all other aspects. As most of the folks expressed here, if the only issue is AC gas filling, i wanted you to do that and check it again. Since, no new TJET's are available any more, there is always a chance that you might face the similar issue in a new car transported for you. For this you might have to pay an advance deposit with the dealer as well. Just want to caution you as you might run into challenges if you reject that car as well. I am very much alike you and would like the car to be in obsolute top shape when it is delivered to me. Sorry if I have been misquoted.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. wannabe-fiat-ian

wannabe-fiat-ian

Srini, No offense taken, I understand your point .. although I contradict your viewpoint, it makes me think and re-consider. My primary question is - why would the newly built car AC gas become low? The only probable answer is a leak. There are different sources for leaks - minor to major .. for example leaks from condenser tubing could be critical/hard to fix. Why would I take a risk, for a brand new car, given that there is no absolute way to ascertain what/where the fix was - without taking this to an AC mechanic myself.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    AFAIK, The only problem seen in Linea AC is a faulty O Ring.

TFI member can give more inputs on other problems seen in AC, if any.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Fiat-ian: FIAt have made a recall of some Lineas which are made between a specified period to change the O-rings. this O-rings were faulty and caused ac gas leak.

If you look around, many manufactures around the world do recall their cars if they found a defective component. Since it is already known that the O-ring recall have happened, you can check with TASS if the particular cars you PDIed belong to the batch and if they do, ask them to change the O-ring and then check the ac.
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Wannabe,
    I think O-ring / compressor ring is a minor problem that was there in certain batches of Tjets (including mine) that has since been rectified. That is likely the case here as well. I agree with Anoop here and would suggest that you go ahead with the car if there is no (other) problem once the O-ring is replaced. To clear your doubts, you may speak to the dealer and question them regarding what is the problem with the AC, and if its the O-ring, why did they not replace it earlier since it is a known issue.
    You will love the ACC of the car.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hold on guys. all cars in stockyard cannot have AC problem. many are not aware that if there is extremely low fuel the AC compressor doesnt kick in.

i would say pour some 5 litres of fuel and check again.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Wannabe, I agree with Anoop and others that if May manufactured cars are available with the dealer you should take it after doing a PDI. You can refer my thread on the manufacturing of TJets (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?3254-Is-it-OK-to-buy-a-May-2011-T-Jet/page6)

If you ask the dealer to get a car from Pune, be ready to face challenges if the PDI fails. In my case the PDI failed and I have only a few options left with me. Refer the thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?3610-Pre-PDIed-a-TJET-inputs-needed-urgently-on-paint

Thanks Italia, this is something that I was not aware of. That explains why the AC in the car I PDIed was not cooling
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    There have been no reported issues with AC of the TJet. In fact it's the most refined AC unit across all Fiat cars, and possibly amongst all sedans under 12 lacs. I have not faced any issues even with the outside temp being as high as 38 deg, and the Auto AC set at 20 deg.
  9. @Fiat-ian : Don't take the delivery till you are satisfied with the car. It could be a bigger probelm..it could be that after refilling the gas leaks again and you will have to do many rounds to shorwoom..just to detect the cause of this leak and replacement..this is not good, when you are paying so much...

if you detect something after the delivery it is a totally differenct story..but if you inspect something like this even before the delivery, DO NOT AGREE to this..the more and more such cases come up the quality will improve..
    This is what all PDC means to customers !!!
  10. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Hi,
    When I got my Punto in April '2010.The O'ring went off in two weeks.I got it fixed and issue happened again after another week.They fixed it again.After that till date the AC is working fine. I have not tested it in extreme summers.But I agree the AC in my Punto is not as powerful as the ACs in other cars.