1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Anyone has A/C trouble with a brand new Linea 1.4 TJet?

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by wannabe-fiat-ian, Oct 17, 2011.

1. wannabe-fiat-ian

wannabe-fiat-ian

Hi All, I have gone to the stockyard, in chennai, to do the PDI for the new cars. So far have checked out 3 TJets. All of them failed
    in A/C. Their A/Cs are non-starter, probably with low regrigerant/gas levels. This looks a bit odd given their clean chits from
    the forum-ers here in the A/C aspect. But this does'nt look as a statistical oddity given that I've checked out 3 Tjet pluses. They only
    had a half-dozen in their yard?
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Tjet's and Tjet owners have no problem whatsoever with the a/c as of today only apart from gas leaks and O-rings issues.Cooling has been very effective.And what do u mean by low gas levels??? Pro'ly the cars u checked out might be parked in the open hot sun.If it so then it will obviously take time to cool the cabin.
  3. wannabe-fiat-ian

wannabe-fiat-ian

So you said apart from "gas leaks and O-rings issues" ... that maybe it. Gas leaks, casing leaks can be the root cause of the problem.

The A/C did'nt work no cooling after several minutes, in comparison other cars in the same lot were effective.

IMHO, it should start blowing cold air in no time .. although the cabin may not be cooled down entirely. We checked the gas pressure, by pushing the pin at the low pressure port.. it was very low, comparative to a car which had the A/C working.. the car that had good gas pressure let out a full jet of gas in the pin-push where as the bad car just has a hissing sound.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Hmmm yea agree with u at one point that cold air takes time to come.As u said that it might be low pressure gas.It's the same in 1.4 FIRE also.i'll have to check with the MJD's though.Gas leaks and O-ring issues were only a recall for a certain batch of cars and not all tjet's were plagued with this issue.
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Gasket problem is there in many Lineas, its a 15 min job. You can visit the Service Center and fix it..all the best
  6. wannabe-fiat-ian

wannabe-fiat-ian

Okay thanks to you both for heads up on gasket, O-rings. The sales rep vouches that none of the new Linea-TJet has had this problem ... I am apprehensive of buying a new car that has this problem, I have just asked for a NEW CAR to be shipped that would not have such issues. Lets see how it goes,
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    O-ring issues are there in some Lineas that are manufactured between Feb and May. In case the TJet that you PDIed was manufactured between these months then it could be an issue

I turned on the AC of the TJet which I PDIed only for about a couple of minutes and I could not feel the AC. I need to check it out again.
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Wannabe - It would be great if you can do a complete PDI of the existing cars in the yard and pick one. If you want ask the sales guy to fill in gas and show the a/c performance. With little T-Jets manufactured today and with the challenge faced by speed jet if the only issue is A/c; you can ask if the dealer will rectify it so that you can ok your PDI.
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I did not face any problems with the AC. However, TASS replaced the 'O' ring (AC Component) and the steering hosepipe reasoning the parts are faulty ones.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  10. wannabe-fiat-ian

wannabe-fiat-ian

Srini,

With all due respect,
    I would like a car with factory fitted A/C working properly. If there are any leaks, O-rings, or elsewhere I am not going to let the
    PDI pass. And, given my choice of colors - Black or FTA (blue) - I cannot obviously pick any car in the yard. There are certain
    things that you expect a new CAR to have no problems with.. in my opinion, this is not a minor niggle. Its a more serious one.

And, given the notoriety and ethics of the service folks, how would I know how/if they fixed the leak? They might have just
    topped off the gas and it would come down sooner or later after I drive off the showroom. I know we live with such risks in
    a car already taken possession of .. but I am not there yet.