1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANY UPDATE ON BANGALORE TO GOKARNA Route

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Drive_drift, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Hi TFI,

I m planning a road trip to gokarna from bangalore and want to know how is the road condition and place to stay. if you guys have visited this route recently that will give me good idea.
    taking the route: taking NH4

Bangalore> tumkur >sira > hiriyur>chitradurga > ranebennur> haveri>mundgod>Gunjavati>idgundi> sunksal>gokarna

let me know if we have other better road.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ the route after haveri is long. you should take the alternate route via sirsi and kumta after haveri.
    I had gone there in feb this yr, while going we took the route you have mentioned, on the way we encountered some road blockage and were forced to take a diversion thru forests. it took a good 6 hrs from haveri to gokarna.

While coming back we came via sirsi to haveri in 3 hrs. road was good, two lane throughout. So taking the longer route thru yellapur does not make much sense as the other road is also good and is shorter.

Other than this around davangere on a small stretch some work was going on so one side of the road was closed. Not sure if thats open now.
  3. @shams,

thanks for the update, i will make sure i go by Sirsi to gokarna.
    anyway suggestion for stay ??
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @Drive_drift , if you are not looking for luxury and want to stay on the beach then Namaste Cafe is a good option. It is right on the Om Beach.
  5. @shams,

thanks for that.. no i m not looks for luxury stay, but a decent one as all are bachelor and have female friends with us. so need to be decent and neat a bit.
  6. I went to Gokarna via bangalore-->shimogga->hosanagar-->kollur-->earlier NH17-->Murudeshwara-->Gokarna, alo though a little slow route, you will enjoy drive in western ghats and test for Punto's handling.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    That route is a very good option if we are ready to spend couple of extra hours and also I would strongly recommend that this route should be taken only during daytime since it is mostly two lane with lots of twisties