1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any solution for windshield scratches?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gurjinder, Oct 27, 2011.

1. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The reason for asking about the polish was simple, I never had this issue as I used distilled water and a branded glass cleaner to clean all the car glasses and I have always filled in distilled water in the wiper reservoir tank.

I just wanted to know if this regular maintenance practice of mine was good enough or if I would really find a difference with the polish.
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    If they are not scratches and if I understand you correctly, then to clean the windscreen completely I would suggest cleaning it the normal way you do it and then taking some newspaper and rubbing the windscreen with some pressure to take off all the residue which sometimes don't come off with normal cleaning. Hope this helps.
    ghodlur likes this.
  3. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

These are indeed scratches made by the wiper blades.

As pointed by nkp, polishing the glass will remove these scratches.

Change the wiper blades once a year and the chances of this repeating will reduce. Avoid using the wipers to clean the glass every morning, use a glass cleaner with a microfiber to clean glasses whenever dirty.
    ghodlur and Raaz like this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Also cleaning the blades atleast a week will ensure not much of abrasives get a change to damage the glass :)
  5. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

why once a week, do it everytime you clean the glass. barely takes 30 seconds to do so