1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any solution for windshield scratches?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gurjinder, Oct 27, 2011.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I paid a visit to Gopalan signature mall on OMR road,Bangalore yesterday evening. I came in touch with Zion Carz there. After few discussion, I was agreed for a windshield polish for Rs 950 and asked them to do a complete body and carpet wash. I could not present there as I had to accompany my wife and kid for shopping.

After one and half hour I got a call from them. I went to check out the work, I was literally amazed, all the scratches and swirl marks are not present at all. Later while driving I feel only 1-2% still remains.

Now the visibility is is lot more better, I was very confident during the night drive. No scattering of incoming light any more.

Overall, I am satisfied with the work.
  2. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    pdash, by any chance do you have before and after pictures of the wind-shield?. It would help us a great deal in understanding how bad the wind shield was, what went on, what was done on it. If not, if and when you get another polish service, do remember to take before and after pics for us. :)
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @rider16 , I fear to say I did not capture them. The scratches were all over the screen but not in deep. Those are only wiper and swirl mark. In day time, u cannot see them, but those were very disturbing in night.
  4. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @pdash did you try driving at night after the windshield polish? did it improve drastically?
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I had done this to my Civic at the Honda service centre, years ago for about Rs.1000 if I remember correctly. The difference was huge and made night driving much more easy and clear.

I would suggest this instead of changing the windscreen. The best way to avoid this would be to clean the windscreen the right way and diligent use of the wipers. My two year old Linea's windscreen is still as good as new :).
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @rejin_r I did a 20 KM drive immediately after the polish in the night. It was wonderful and better experience.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Experts,

Although I dont have seen any scratches on my Punto's windshield, but have definitely see the wiper travel marks which are very much evident when seen directly. I do diligently clean the windshield for any dust using the Jopasu duster every morning before starting to work or whenever I have to spray and wipe the windshield.

Any ideas why this travel mark is visible? Can this be rectified??
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is because of the dust present in the windshield and in the wiper blade which leaves this trail. Try cleaning the windshield fully and then clay it to remove adhered dust. This will work if your wiper is new.
    ghodlur likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The wipers are 2.5 yrs old. I have cleaned the windshield on numerous occasion with specialized cleaners but no luck. Even detailing did not remove those marks.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You need to get the windshield polished to have these wiper marks removed.
    ghodlur likes this.