1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any solution for windshield scratches?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gurjinder, Oct 27, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sure buddy. I shall update this thread when i do some remedial work on the scratches( more like Wiper wipe marks).
  2. My Old Amby had this problem.. I tried many things like waxing, using very fine sandpaper but to no avail and finally had to get the front windshield replaced and Amby windshields cost is just 700/- when compared to Punto's or Palio's..... ;)
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    You can talk to Windshield Expert people. They only told me about grinding but I never had it done. Instead replaced the windshield of my Maruti 800.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    gurjinder, did you find any remedy for the scratches?
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Bump bump...

gurjinder - Any solution that you tried to remove scratches OR did you just replaced the windshield ?
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Heard that polishing with white toothpaste at least makes the marks less visible. Can't hurt & its cheap.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

can you please elaborate on what you mean by wrong practices.... so that i can avoid it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My wind shield has developed lot of swirl marks, which causes difficultly during rainy night driving.

Contacted 3M for wind shield polish, they are quoting Rs1700 for the job, and as per them only minor one will removed.

Any source, link or feedback will be really helpful.

At this point, I am not considering windshield replacement. so only looking for alternative.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Have you tried the services of Windshield experts? They do have a wind shield scratch removing service. Try to get in touch with them. Link as below:
    http://www.windshieldexperts.com/location?store=karnataka
    pdash likes this.
  10. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur thankks for your quick reply.