1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any one installed the Chrome Exhaust Tip for Punto...

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by rohanpais, May 25, 2011.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    In the product description it is mentioning that it would fit Punto too ...
    It should be an easy fix ....
    To check the diameter of the exhaust u will have to urself measure it , since such data is usually not mentioned anywer ...
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Car Universal 2.5" Inch Inlet Exhaust Muffler Tip Pipe
    Made of Aluminium Stainless Steel..For I-10,I-20,Sx4

This was mentioned on the top of th page Dilip. My bad that I didnot scroll down the whole page earlier. Thanks for the link. I will place an order 1 week before I come back to India.
  3. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Exhaust tip fixing

here goes.
    you need a 10 size spanner (fig 1) to tighten the bolts to the exhaust pipe(fig 2).
    (fig 3) & (fig 4) top and side view of exhaust tip.
    (fig 5) inside of the pipe are two clamps which tighten by bolts to fit on the exsisting exhaust pipe
    (fig 6) adjust till what lenght you want to fit the exhaust tip
    (fig 7) tighten the bolts firmly on both sides till the and check to see there is no much movement of the tip after tigtening.

hope this solves your problem.:p

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
  4. stallion
    you can pull back the tip a bit.. like 1 inch out.
    the inner exhaust pipe f not visible would be better than in the other position.
    also if possible try to get that \_ shaped tip that would eliminate the complaints of the tip pointing downwards
  5. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Firstly sorry to hear bout the accident u were involved in ad the damages caused to your baby...but really happy to know all of u are safe...this shows y EURO NCAP has given 5 stars to the Grande punto http://www.euroncap.com/tests/fiat_punto_2005/238.aspx

now about the exhaust tip i have kept it like that deliberately, as a friend of mine who owns a garage advised me to do so..saying that the exhaust can go back through the pipe if it hits the wall of the exhaust tip and that wil be bad for the engine...i dont know how much of this is true, but its better to be on the safer side.

Gurus on TFI if you could put some light on this issue.
  6. thanks for the support..
    i never faced such an issue of exhaust fumes going back in my dad's forester. even fot that car the tip is bent i and got this thing fixed...

if you put this a little back the circular pipe would not be visible and the car would look more stylish
    the way it presently looks mimics a dezire or a scorpio where people make rhe hole smaller for that bling look..
    that website is rel informative thanks
  7. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Here is my Punto's chrome exhaust tip.
    I loved the ABARTH look and I wanted this double barrel exhaust tip.
    Got it from JC road for 800 rupees.

DSC_8395.jpg
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Puntom your Punto os looking much sexier
  9. rohanpais

rohanpais

Thats neat...
  10. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thank you Kedar.
    Thankyou

However there is a small problem with this.
    Since the silencer pipe is bent downwards, this exhaust pipe is also facing downwards. This has in fact decreased the GC and it has scraped some humps which otherwise wouldn't have touched.